Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Chances are good that I'll get a 453 at some point during it's production cycle. While I won't be selling my current car, I can see it becoming more of a hobby car, and needing another car. Maybe the forfour if it somehow makes it to Canada...

·
17,344 Posts
Tell me where to drop off my $99. I'm so in for this! Three pedals too, if they offer them stateside...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Absolutely guaranteed! I'll be keeping my 451 'Pulse' forever. Mine, mine, mine. The 453 will be a great addition to a single stall garage / AKA 2 Smart garage.

It seems the 453 will become the daily driver / the other half's toy car. The 451 is mine. Did I mention that? Sunny days only, washed and loved, no eating inside it, mine. Keeping the risk of harm to a minimum!

If we get the ForFour, she'd get that, but this Smart is shaping up to be fantastic. She wants a real transmission - not because this one is bad, but because she's afraid of being hard on it. I tell her it's not delicate, but if you don't drive it like you stole it, it's fine. I, of course, sometimes get a little enthusiastic...

:burnout:

·
17,344 Posts
Absolutely guaranteed! I'll be keeping my 451 'Pulse' forever. Mine, mine, mine. The 453 will be a great addition to a single stall garage / AKA 2 Smart garage.

It seems the 453 will become the daily driver / the other half's toy car. The 451 is mine. Did I mention that? Sunny days only, washed and loved, no eating inside it, mine. Keeping the risk of harm to a minimum!

If we get the ForFour, she'd get that, but this Smart is shaping up to be fantastic. She wants a real transmission - not because this one is bad, but because she's afraid of being hard on it. I tell her it's not delicate, but if you don't drive it like you stole it, it's fine. I, of course, sometimes get a little enthusiastic...

:burnout:
Ideally, I'd pay off the $8k I owe on Tucker, let him become a garage queen, then get a 453.

But, I'd also be willing to do just about anything for a 453. Love at first sight!!!!!!! >:D

·
17,344 Posts
Wouldn't "he" be a garage king or are you "outing" Tucker? :shrug:
By the time I'm ready for a 453, Tucker will be paid off! And yes, garage King while the 453 becomes the new Daily Driver. :D

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'm torn!!!

Blue and white with the blue and white interior, or red and black with the red and black interior.

Furthermore, would I go back to leather seats on the new model if that 2-tone fabric looks as good as it does in pictures?

I've already done blue. Every car I've owned and currently own has been blue. I'm not loving the white grille on the blue car, and white on the bottom of the Tridion will be hard to keep clean...

Plus, a red 2-door is just plain appealing no matter what...

Decisions, decisions!!!

·
17,344 Posts
I'm torn!!!

Blue and white with the blue and white interior, or red and black with the red and black interior.

Furthermore, would I go back to leather seats on the new model if that 2-tone fabric looks as good as it does in pictures?

I've already done blue. Every car I've owned and currently own has been blue. I'm not loving the white grille on the blue car, and white on the bottom of the Tridion will be hard to keep clean...

Plus, a red 2-door is just plain appealing no matter what...

Decisions, decisions!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
Wonder if we'll have access to it? smart USA did some sort of magic with the main (EU) smart Facebook page to redirect people with US ip addresses to the smart USA page. Hopefully they won't meddle with the configurator. :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Wonder if we'll have access to it? smart USA did some sort of magic with the main (EU) smart Facebook page to redirect people with US ip addresses to the smart USA page. Hopefully they won't meddle with the configurator. :)
IP spoof! :D

Neon... We're both equally as sick. I love it! And I am showing the other half that people I've never even met yet believe I should have 2 more Smarts. I agree with it. She should!

·
17,344 Posts
Neon... We're both equally as sick. I love it! And I am showing the other half that people I've never even met yet believe I should have 2 more Smarts. I agree with it. She should!
I feel like a kid at Christmas (or me buying a new Apple thing). I'll take one of each! With that goofy/awesome tach please! :D

·
Registered
68 Posts

When my lease on my 2013 Pure runs out 2/18/2016 I will get one. That should be long enough to get most of the bugs out - like 2008.

·
17,344 Posts
Perhaps, but just like with the 451, the 453 probably won't make it stateside until months after its European release, or right around when your lease is up. :wink:

1 - 20 of 116 Posts