68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This case seem to slide around under the seat. Where
Font Gas Electric blue Rectangle Box

do you guy put your to keep it stable?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Look under the carpet footrest area on the passenger's side. Pull it out from the top /front. You'll see a squarish recess on top of the battery cover. That's where the pump is stored.

·
Registered
2017 453 Passion ED/EQ
427 Posts
Might as well pull the foam out there to see the 12v battery. Also you should have a tow hook bolt set in the foam.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look under the carpet footrest area on the passenger's side. Pull it out from the top /front. You'll see a squarish recess on top of the battery cover. That's where the pump is stored.
Thanks….found it

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ll check it tomorrow and see if i is somewhere laying on the floor. I wonder if I need one. If so where to purchase

·
Registered
807 Posts
There should also be a bottle of fire slime that works with it(that is one thing I don’t have)
Side note am I the only one who notices how noisy the compressor is while running??(also does the slime bottle need to be on it for it to work?)

·
Registered
861 Posts
There should also be a bottle of fire slime that works with it(that is one thing I don’t have)
Side note am I the only one who notices how noisy the compressor is while running??(also does the slime bottle need to be on it for it to work?)
Nope, you’re not the only one. Both of mine are very loud and have a distinctly metallic sound when operating.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yeah the first time I powered mine up I thought is this really supposed to be that loud(it’s louder then it’s size implies) is why I asked thanks for clearing it up that I’m not the only one)
I do wish I had one for all three smarts but only have the one.(looks like I’ll have to grab up a couple used ones off eBay)
I just noticed in my other post autocorrect messed up what I typed(it was supposed to be tire slime not fire slime)

·
Super Moderator
17,777 Posts
I guessing if the tire slime is still in a smart car it may be expired by now. Just wondering
The factory slime should have an expiration date, and it's usually four years after the manufacturing date.

You don't need the slime bottle to use it! I use mine for all kinds of motorcycles and cars. :)

When the slime bottle expires I just pick up a can of Fix-A-Flat. Cheaper and easier to buy than the factory stuff, with the same end result.

Reactions: jwight

·
Registered
90 Posts
What this car is missing is the lake around the battery. What? The battery hole is not supposed to be full of water?

In case you haven't experienced this yourself, under some circumstances water from outside can get into the battery area and fill it with water.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I had to attempt to use the fix a flat, it didn't work with tire too damaged & off the rim.
A KEY POINT FROM MY TIRE SUPPLIER- using the fix a flat voids the road hazard protection plan I purchase every time I buy tires, It also includes free alignments, flats, blow outs & road damage to the tire on a decreasing with age on the $ replacement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts