Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad ordered a Smart ForTwo and it was delivered to us on March 12, 2008! For quite some time we thought we could possibly be the 1st ones with a Smart in Minnesota!

So if you would like.. please write down your delivery date and we can figure out who was possibly the 1st Smart owner in MN!

-John :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here is the details of my smart acquisition:
reservation date: 3/2007
configuration confirmation date: 9/14/2007 9.43PM
loaded on vessel @ Bremen: 11/29/2007
discharged @ Baltimore, MD: 12/13/2007
received call from dealer on: 1/19/2008
smart dealer : Bloomington, MN
pickup @ dealer on: 2/4/2008

I was told our smart was on the first shipment, the car was sitting in the dealer's lot for about 3 weeks before we can get over there to get it!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
True - first smart cars arrived at Bloomington on January 19th.
The very first car to be "sold," or should I say picked up, was a yellow/black passion coupe with red interior. It was even featured on the local news!

·
Registered
121 Posts
1st Pair of Smart Owners

In MN, we are the 1st family that received 2 Smarts. #'s 11 & 21. Thats "Ground Hog" & "Blood Shot". Named under Smart law. Now the sad news. We gave Jennifer our #3 so someone else has the chance to start a Smart family. Were very happy to share.

:Thankyou:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the first White/black Cabrio through MPLS dealer, March 1, 2008. I think it was #43, Now I see them all over the place, even though I live in Rochester.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1st SmART in Minnesota

We were the first to take delivery in Minnesota on 1/23/2008! Everyone at the store was busy making sure all of the paperwork was in order, as this was their first time.
We were also in a Channel 5 news report done a few weeks later as gas prices were rising.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
I had the first White/black Cabrio through MPLS dealer, March 1, 2008. I think it was #43, Now I see them all over the place, even though I live in Rochester.

I believe I spotted you at Waal-Mart north a while back. I was the fool in the black Smart.

·
Registered
30 Posts
1st Minnesota smartie!

Hi gang! Car #1 was actually a yellow/red interior car that went to the Kieffer family here in Mpls. Hope this helps!:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts