Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW!!!! I get to answer my own post. I had some dinner, and when I came back to check my e mails, BAM, there was my confirmation. All configured and hoping to hear from the dealer soon. 1206

·
Registered
338 Posts
No fair!!! We are 1210 and haven't heard about our "confirmation" as of this evening. Oh well, shouldn't too much longer I would think???:confused:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Smartbillet, your info does not add up. If you reserved on 3/21 your last four digits would be 1175, not 1206.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks lhoboy, according to the information that we received way back when from SMARTCAR.USA our reservation was April 25 so it should this Monday or Friday...time shall tell!!!:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
When you say your #1206, what are you referring to? Is that the last 4 of your confirmation # from when you paid your $99? If so the last 4 of mine is 1329, maybe I am getting closer than I thought I was.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You still have quite a while to wait. The 1329 is a date stamp on which day you put in your down payment. 1329 so if my calculations are correct, you put your down payment in on August 20.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
1329 you
1206 current as of last week
0123 difference

Late today or early tomorrow morning we will hear about todays notifications

Don't get bummed yet... from 14 Sept to now they have been "sending" on Mondays and Fridays about 3 or 4 numbers per "send"...

This would suggest you won't get the second invite for quite awhile yet... but I have a suspicion they will rapidly accelerate the confirmation process once they work out the kinks off first car deliveries that will start in about 5 weeks

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
you are still 83 days after the days they are currently notifying... We are seeing 5 to 7 days per week notified...at this rate you should get the email about 11 weeks from now... I suspect after Xmas the rate will accelerate

Some time today they should contact 1207 through 1210 and Friday 1211 through 1213 or so

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well, it's 4:45 P.M. here (Eastern Time Zone). Monday, December 3rd, 2007 and so far...nothing yet. We are #1210, in time I guess?:(

·
Registered
533 Posts
I can't for the life of me figure out why they would take so long. For that matter, why does it take any time at all? Isn't it just a front end to a database that stores your preferences. From an Information managment perspective it just seems really odd. In my perfect-little-world scenario, you put down your $99, get an invite to confure, go configure and get back an estimated delivery date all within a few momments. Then your dealer calls you, you make any final changes, pay the delivery fee or whatever and sign a binding purchase agreement.
Meanwhile, the frogs are cranking out smarts according to the precentages indicated by initial configurations.

I guess this system does give you some time to make up your mind but I don't see where six months to a year is helpful.

Can somebody explain the reason for the lag time?

1 - 20 of 174 Posts