Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hayward Wisconsin 1411, pick up a car from the dealership in Bloomington, MN. about three weeks a go. "Driving in the snow".........over four inches you need snow tires. I had a UPS truck turn right behind me on a two lane country road after a three inch snow fall. I notice he back off of my rear end after the 1st mile or so. I also notice my rear tires were throwing up a 8 foot rooster tail like a jet ski. I don't mine the rooster tail if it keeps other drivers from tail gating me.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm starting to get annoyed, I have seen 2 fortwo's in Titletown...I ordered in March 07 and Tony told me I would be the first in GB to get one...arghhH!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations, Curtis!

Since I'm an 1180, you may be getting in line ahead of me. So, what are the details? Did you get the call from the dealer or was this an email from smart? What do you mean by "on the way"? - still in transit to the dealer? When do you expect to be able to take ownership?

This gives me hope that my own won't be too far behind...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hey CliffK, I just got curious so I called SmartUSA and they said I was assigned with Mil.Smartcenter (duh) and that my car was finished, they told me to call Milwaukee for more info. So, I called Tony and he said he was just preparing to do an e-mail and he confirmed I was on the list..When I will actually get the car is still anyones guess but at least I have confirmation my car is complete and in route...

·
Registered
38 Posts
smart Sighting in Madison

Okay, whoever you were, we saw your car parked at the Westgate Theater as we were leaving the movie: I think it was silver/silver. Very jealous. At least it wasn't our color or I might have taken it. ;)

Actually this wasn't my first sighting in Madison - I saw one last Fall, but it had Canadian plates on it, so I guess that doesn't count.

I hope you're enjoying it!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
a FRINED OF MINE JUST STOPPED BY MILWAUKEE SMARTCENTER and said he saw at least 20 cars with sold signs on them...who;s getting all these?

·
Registered
12 Posts
WHAT???.....i hope that i am in that group(res # 1177)...when i spoke to Tony last week he said they have only gotten about 30 cars since they opened. Maybe this is the pace picking up a bit. There seemes to be a lot of people with reservations that are not on the forums. Tony said that we would be getting the call this month but im getting super impatient.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got my call today. The wife answered while I was at work, thus no details, other than "3 weeks or less".

I left a voicemessage for Tony asking for the other details, etc.

Yay!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Robin850, what is your reservation number? Also, other than the call, did you ever get the 30-day notice by email from smart?

This information can help the rest of us who are in the dark know how things are progressing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would be very interested too. I'm a 1235 who confirmed on December 29th and Tony and Ryan have no info on mine. I'm getting somewhat anxious.
Thanks,
Cliff

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey everyone.....so i was in Milwaukee today for the body worlds exhibit and stopped to test drive again. I spoke to Tony and I found out that my car is being unloaded tommorow and should arrive at the dealership in 2 weeks or less. He also said that 2 other ships were arriving into port in the next week and he should be getting quite a few more cars in the next 3 to 4 weeks. Im sooo excited...(res # 1177)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I plopped down my $99 within the first few days of being able to do so. I had been signed up on smart.com as an "insider" for a long time.
March 30, 2007 i got my reservation number email. It ends in 1184.

I received the email to confirm and configured my car in Nov 2007.

Received an email from Tony at Bergstrom on March 12, 2008.

Received a phone call from Tony today, March 19.

thats all the info i have guys.

cheers,

robin850

p.s. i ordered a blue Passion, Silver tridion, with all the options.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Robin, I'm an 1184 also, I was told by Tony mine was coming soon but haven't received a call or e-mail. God, I am getting crazy anxious, I moght have to go to Milwaukee and take another test drive now that the weather is nice. My last test drive was in a snow storm.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts