Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I know but ever since I was in Hong Kong 9 years ago and saw a Smart I have been waiting for the USA to finally get a cool car! My next thing I want is a micro-van from China but I'm afraid those will never be street legal here..

·
Registered
38 Posts
1180 Got the Call!!!

I just got the call from Lyndsay. My smart should be arriving in 2-3 weeks. Things are moving forward.

Have hope!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Nice, Cliff, what was your res #? look's like you reserved yours just a couple days before me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My reservation number ends in 1180. I reserved on March 26: almost a year ago. At this point, I can't imagine that yours will be far behind.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm a diasporated Cheese-Head. I grew up in Stevens Point, and spent about ten years in Madison before moving to sunny, southern Nevada. Occasionally I visit my parents in Waterford.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey Curtis

I'm going to enter Giant Killer in the fun in the sun car show tomorrow sun.8/24. @ brown county fair grounds. You should stop by. Any one in the area should. and say Hi. And check out all the cool cars.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Has anyone used any of the other Bergstrom service centers for there Smart here in WI? The Smart center told me we could expect to do this because MKE is not centraly located in the state.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Well, I am a cheesehead in the fact that I am a FAN of GB packers. As for living there. Good luck with your car. Since you are in one of the slower dealership areas, most likely you will be waiting forever over the time most of us in say LA, NY or Austin area have been waiting.

So far, Austin area is approx 10 - 12 months tops for delivery.

Ordered mine Feb 2, 08 and should get it before Dec is out due to my DDE. I configured last month.

Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
forestacademy,

I am in Madison and looking forward to the possibility of a smartcenter here some day. In the meantime, particularly if you want work done under warranty, you have to take it back to Milwaukee.

My Check Engine light is on, and rather than go all the way to Milwaukee just to find out that the gas cap was loose, I was told that I could have anyone with the proper equipment read the engine codes, and then I was able to confirm with Erik that it was not critical for me to bring it in immediately.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
forestacademy,

My Check Engine light is on, and rather than go all the way to Milwaukee just to find out that the gas cap was loose, I was told that I could have anyone with the proper equipment read the engine codes, and then I was able to confirm with Erik that it was not critical for me to bring it in immediately.
This is exactly the kind of trip I would like to try and avoid. Driving 150 miles to check a code and rest a light for a lose gas cap is not very green.

When I asked at the smart center in MKE they said I could use a local Bergstrom service for things like this. I was hoping someone would have broken in a dealer like the Cadilac dealer since the Hummer dealer seems to have been emptied.

To Bad "Smart" cant just take over those "H" Buildings

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
newest Madison area smart

Picked ours up on Friday.
:woohoo::woohoo:

Drove to Madison to my Wife’s office so she could do the final drive home after work.

Went up to give her the keys and she calls out amongst the cubicles "Who wants to see the new car" We emptied the office.

We had 15 engineers huddled around the car with all the usual questions.

We have only seen Smarts in Madison once or twice before this week. As my wife was pulling out of her office for the first time in her new yellow and black smart, a red one passed by. What are the odds?

·
17,360 Posts
forestacademy,

I am in Madison and looking forward to the possibility of a smartcenter here some day. In the meantime, particularly if you want work done under warranty, you have to take it back to Milwaukee.

I was born in Madison and was forced to move to IL. No worries though, when I move out, I will be going to the University of Wisconsin. I am a cheesehead and even though I live in IL. I love my homestate!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts