Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, the irony. After the Prosser event, which I had a blast at by the way, I said to my wife, "I'm not doing that again for awhile".

And I meant it...

but...

Ok, here it is. I have to drive 11 hours (round trip) to the Seattle area for a meeting on Monday. Short notice so I'll keep this sweet.

If anyone wants an Area 451 Cruise Control INSTALLED in their smart for $500 All-in and can meet me in the Seattle area either Sunday late-afternoon to early evening OR Monday afternoon (not yet finalized exactly when I'll be there) then let me know!. Essentially that means a $20 install guys, so it is a good deal. If you've already got a cruise from me and just want it installed, just bring the $20 and I'll do it.

If you've been on the fence about the cruise and think it is too expensive, then pretend it is $300 and $200 for the install... that's normally what a professional install would cost! Either way, you're getting a deal :)

If the weather sucks then I also need a covered lit area to work. Otherwise it can be done pretty much anywhere.

Would also enjoy going out for a meal and meeting some of you guys.

Time is more of an issue this time, so I can't do too many. Let me know folks!

- Steven

ps. If any one of you Prosser folks want to lend some words of encouragement here, by all means feel free.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Steven, getting in on the ground floor of the Area 451 cruise control and having it installed was the best deal one can get. It's like getting 100 IPO shares each of Microsoft, Dell and Google. ... Well possibly not that rich... But having the unit installed by you was priceless.

The opportunity for others to have installation by you for a pittance should be considered a no-brainer. The Area 451 unit performs flawlessly and the installation fear-factor is absolutely dissolved by having you do it.

I asked for the Installation Genie and got it. That may not be available to others, but to do it over, I would happily throw a Jackson down on top of the cc to have it installed by you. And you made sure it worked properly before moving on-- Thanks!

Happy, Happy, Happy :)
Timo

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Sorry, Steven... none of the above. Though I'm with you on the Janet vibe :p

So I should have made my reference in Loonies, aye?
> as this Jackson is Andrew.

Cheers,
Timo

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Oh, Steven, I love ya! :kissyou:

My cc is perfect and I'm so glad I went for it. I can't believe you said Prosser (Pross-Vegas) was fun for you. Everywhere we went all day you were working. And when you weren't, I was teasing you about your accent, eh? :rolleyes:

And then at the end of the day we were all off at the tavern and you were back at Hedders' place - working! And then you got bag of fried food for a late dinner (prolly cold). :eek:

And now you're gonna do it all again? Brilliant! :D

I'm sure you will have more than enough takers to keep you busy for your stay in Seattle!

Thanks again,

Suze (owner of the "Area 451 Cruise Control 22 minute Install smart") :)

PS - the cruise control works perfectly!

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Steven - This was the best investment I have made for my smart. Added value in having you graciously install the Area 451 CC!!

Seattle!!! If you are awake at all and want a problem free CC this is an offer you will kick yourself for not taking advantage of!!

Thanks Steven, over 1000 miles on my Cruise Control without any issues!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I will hardily second that. Steven was in my shop for at least 6 hours-on and off. AND, I did not do it. I originally called myself Cheap. Now I call myself STOOOPID.
Hello SEATTLE. Belleview 1 where are you. The least I should have done was pay attention to what he was doing. Maybe my drill will remember. Next year Steven. Maybe I can entice you with a bed and breakfast.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words all!

I'm in the Seattle area and interested in your offer !!
Do you take credit cards ? I'm sure cash if prefered .

Thanks,
Mike
I can't take c.c. in person, but I can on the website. You can buy the cruise here: Area 451 Cruise Control - US$484.50 : SmartieParts, Smart Parts for Smart Cars

And in the comments box state something like: "For Seattle install deal" and then bring the $20 for the install.

Just an update: I had a voicemail when I got back from dinner and it sounds like my plans might change. I'm not sure now on the exact day. I'll post as I know.

- Steven

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone that is interested, please indicate what times you can be available for Sunday, Monday, and/or Tuesday. I realize it can be difficult for working folk, but this is a heck of a deal to get a semi-scarce product with no premium, no delivery fees, and super-cheap installation by the guy that's installed more than anyone in the world! So don't you feel that 24 hour flu coming on? You're really not looking very well! :)

Not sure if it is Sunday, Monday or Tuesday so please indicate times for each. Also indicate how interested you are ("thinking about it", "probably will", or "definitely in" subject to times of course)

Eg:

Definitely In
Sunday: Anytime up to 8:00pm
Monday: Noon to 1 or after 5:00
Tuesday: Can't make it

Something like that.

Cheers.

- Steven

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I am coming for certain. The question now is if I come Sunday or Monday and I'm still not certain (looking for a reasonable hotel). It will NOT be Tuesday.

If Sunday, then likely after 4:00. If Sunday, i'll probably be closer to noon. So mike98116 your times are perfect. Anyone else wanting in on this, please post in the next several hours, preferably tonight.

It is hard for me to predict exact times simply because I'm driving from so far away and a lot can happen. PMing me with a number you can be reached at is probably a good idea.

Also, we need to figure out a WHERE. I haven't been to Seattle in a long time and do not know my way around but I do have a GPS so if you can give me an address, I'll find it.

Cheers!

- Steven

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Suze pointed out I wasn't clear that I mean tomorrow when I said "Sunday". Yes, I mean tomorrow!

And the more I think about it, the more likely it is tomorrow and not Monday. I don't want to deal with Seattle weekday traffic.

- Steven

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oops.

I have to withdraw this offer effective immediately. Contact me by PM if you have any concerns. Sorry.

I am still coming to Seattle tomorrow (Sunday) if anyone wants to just get together.

Cheers.

- Steven

1 - 15 of 15 Posts