Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd start this thread that could maybe transform into a section where people 'sign in' to identify themselves regionally. I passed another black smart car today, and the other driver and I were all smiles and waves as we kept up with each other for a few miles over the GWB from Joisey into NYC.

Let's identify cars by: panel/steel/interior/LICENSE PLATE (if you wish) (and then /misc, if that applies).

Mine is black/black/red/HYPRMILR

I drive into Manhattan's UWS nearly every weekday. And I always see two red smarts near my office, one of which belongs to a neighbor.

Hi!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
>Good idea. i'll try that.

hey unicycle, until that happens, I'm black black pure in manhattan. keep thinking I'll see you sometimes but haven't yet ;-)
I'm over by the UN

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Denny, this is why I wanted to limit a group just to NYC (as opposed to NYC/Long Island). There are so many NYC'ers in smarts now, but many of us don't know each other.

The UN is pretty far from the UWS in terms of NYC driving -- all the way in the Far East, and a few miles downtown. It's not even 5 miles, but in New Paltz, that would translate to you living 40 miles and 2 bridges away!

I hope I see you one of these days!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I had a lunch meeting on the UWS last week, and for laughs I drove instead of walking. I was meeting a client on 104th & B'way and had to park all the way up by Grant's Tomb, about 126th, due to street cleaning on Riverside drive. So I got a bit of a walk in anyway.
Just saw a black black cabrio with black wheels here near UN...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I thought I'd start this thread that could maybe transform into a section where people 'sign in' to identify themselves regionally. I passed another black smart car today, and the other driver and I were all smiles and waves as we kept up with each other for a few miles over the GWB from Joisey into NYC.

Let's identify cars by: panel/steel/interior/LICENSE PLATE (if you wish) (and then /misc, if that applies).

Mine is black/black/red/HYPRMILR

I drive into Manhattan's UWS nearly every weekday. And I always see two red smarts near my office, one of which belongs to a neighbor.

Hi!
No one will see me much because my day begins early and finishes late.

Just for the record: blue/silver/black/MAXSMART

And it's a cabriolet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey NYC...I have a Silver/Black Passion. I live in Chelsea and always park around 21st and 22nd streets...I see another one that is the same color combo parked in the area too. Anyway, mine always has a bumper badger hanging off the rear end.

I drive mine all over the city...from the battery to Harlem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
red/black/red/i cant remember my plate # because i just recently got my 2nd SMART

although my euro plates say "SmartAss" and its located in the front
cant miss it

and it's a cabriolet..

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I am occassionally in NYC.

Although I try to avoid it whenever possible
(This country boy don't like big cities.)

blue/black/black cabrio VA plate CABR10

If you ever see me, please say Howdy.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I see a lot of smarts in the city everyday, but don't think I've seen one with VA plates yet. maybe we'll see you in St. Louis, on the way to Kansas City?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've seen a LOT of Smarts lately. I spotted a cute yellow number today on the GWB driven by a smiley young woman. I've seen a lot of reds, blues, black/blacks, and a few reds (both 08 and 09) around NYC and NJ in the past few months.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts