Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I guess it depends on your experience with MB. I have a 1995 C280 and other than routine oil changes, tune ups, etc., it's never had a major repair. Extremely reliable from my view point. Althougth, you can get a "dog" with any auto manufacturer.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am one of those who can't wait for more room in the garage! Imagine more time between garage cleanouts....yeh!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Something unique for the wife ...

who has a 7 mile round trip commute (she works in a High School, can you imagine the questions she'll get from the students ???). Anyway, her dream car is an SL55AMG but as we have one still in college (the yearly cost is equivalent to a nice smart cabrio + some), this one will do for now. We also have a 3 1/2 car garage and at a little over 8 feet long, the smart will fit quite nicely and be of course a fun car for her to enjoy. She was so determined to get one I even went out and secured an appropriate license plate to reflect our future ownership (see avatar) which is now attached to our largest vehicle which has retired to just occasional use (a '97 Dodge Grand Caravan). Today she drives my '06 Mazda3 GT and I have a '99 Miata. True test will be in the winter but as they sell these in Canada I think we'll be OK in the midwest, we'll just avoid the roads when they're heavily salted. :)

41 - 44 of 44 Posts