Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anti-role model

Maybe this post can serve as a good example of what not to do with a posting. No information, no background, no nothing. Why do people post such things? Is there any value in discussing this? Also, some very useful threads get to be pages long with totally useless responses which make it that much more tiresome to go through the whole thing and absorb the useful elements.

·
Registered
786 Posts
1. Hardly anyone is buying much of anything right now as we are in the "R" word

2. My wife was offered 25k for our 15k car

3. Ebay cars are selling

4. You havent ran into the right person

5. Not too difficult to sell it for same as you paid or a modest profit

6. Too many people way over paid to be the first kids on the block with a VW bug, PT cruiser, mini cooper, Hummer, or Pontiac Solstice. They have learned that impatients costs more than its worth

7. Currently, Dodge dealerships have Challengers on the lot with a sticker of 26k and a typed index card taped beside it that says "$2000 limited availability charge"

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
There may be some apprehension about how the car is going to perform in those mild winters you have in Minnesota!! How many miles are on the car? Any mechanical issues? Any wear and tear issues? Anything that would make you think the vehicles value has depreciated? Have you advertised the car without results?

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
That's what happens when you pay the dealer $4000 over the MSRP for a paint and tire warranty, just to secure an orphan.
Why would you pay extra for a warranty on a car you were not planing on keeping.:confused: If the dealer won't buy it back for close to what you paid then I guess those warrantys are not worth anything and I wouldn't purchase them again.:twak:

AS to why it is not selling, other than the above mentioned extras, acording to your other post you have only been trying for a day. If you want to sell fast drop the price. If you want your price take your time and wait for the right person to come along.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
a $15,000 pure isn't a bargain IMHO.
i hope this happens to everyone who buys an orphan while keeping their reservation intact.
i think the whole flipping thing is risky, unethical and immoral. certainly legal - but don't whine to me when the risk becomes too great and bites you on the ass. :)

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Granted, there are things like add-ons and warranties on tires and extended warranties that you just have to eat. Unless you can find a buyer who wants them and the warranties are transferable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe this post can serve as a good example of what not to do with a posting. No information, no background, no nothing. Why do people post such things? Is there any value in discussing this? Also, some very useful threads get to be pages long with totally useless responses which make it that much more tiresome to go through the whole thing and absorb the useful elements.
Aren't comments like this as useless as the type of comments you're talking about? Also, isn't this comment about your comment on comments useless as well?

Fun times.:p

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
houses are typically investments, unlike most cars.
a better comparo would be, "why can't i sell my LCD Teevee for what i paid for it!??!!!??"

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1. Hardly anyone is buying much of anything right now as we are in the "r" word

2. My wife was offered 25k for our 15k car

3. Ebay cars are selling

4. You havent ran into the right person

5. Not too difficult to sell it for same as you paid or a modest profit

6. Too many people way over paid to be the first kids on the block with a vw bug, pt cruiser, mini cooper, hummer, or pontiac solstice. They have learned that impatients costs more than its worth

7. Currently, dodge dealerships have challengers on the lot with a sticker of 26k and a typed index card taped beside it that says "$2000 limited availability charge"
thats what i am buying! A challenger for $21k til my reserved car comes in!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its a pure with 6000 miles.
its perfect.
still has plastic on the seats.
it has lots of options....
AC
ALARM
HEATED SEATS
RADIO
CD HOLDER
CUP HOLDER
2 SETS MATS
TINTED WINDOWS.
MSRP WAS $14K, $15K AFTER TAX.

I would be happy getting $15k for it.

I may have to try ebay. I need it gone by next week, when my challenger comes in.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts