Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
I hadn't narrowed it down to Kias. I've found drivers in all sorts of vehicles testing my car's capabilities. Of course, nearly all of them can leave a smart behind very easily. But, you can tell when you're being shadowed off a light. Sometimes they're probably just gawking, other times they may indeed be testing an unknown (to them) vehicle.

On the other hand ... I often find that, without even trying, if I'm first in line leaving a light, I leave the pack WAY behind. I know I've got a bit of a lead foot. And, fortuneately, a lot of people are developing a feather foot in response to fuel prices. I need to get lighter.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is funny the number of people who want to "test" the smart at the stoplight. :rolleyes: besides the Kia's, I have also been noticing a lot of Ford and Chevy 4X4s revving up their engines!

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
I do not have that kind of experience with people racing me or I just never really noticed it. There were those who raced ahead of me so they could right not far ahead. I had this happen when I drove my compact truck. :) At lights, I do tend to get ahead of the person behind me. :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
It's probably because. . .

Have you noticed that people driving Kia's always want to race you in your smart? I wonder why that is?

It's probably because their Kia depreciated about 25% as soon as they drove it off the lot~! And they've gotta prove that their choice of a vehicle can at least beat something out at the light! :) LOL - I especially like the big Ford, Chevy and Dodge truck drivers who rev it up and roar off to beat you down the block to the next light. . . :p If they rev up behind me, I go even slower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts