Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in Tampa and looking for a fellow enthusiast who knows of a good indy shop or would like to help me ( which i am willing to pay) who has performed a water pump change and head gasket work on my car. If you are in Tampa Florida and know how to do this it would help greatly. you can PM me or respond to the post, The Smart is a 2009 Brabus Cabrio with 115K on it. She drove it and said it blew some white smoke when cranked. I drove it afterwards and it didnt do it. I then drove it an it bucked and white smoke poured out then it stopped and drove find. So I am thinking it is a head gasket and most likely the water pump has gone in it.

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
My car is doing that right now. First thing I'd do is check your oil for coolant and check your coolant for oil. If none is present in either, check for fouled spark plugs. If your water pump has fully failed, your engine may have overheated and damaged itself. :(

Reactions: smartt

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neonspinnazz i will keep checking what is going on. Also jwight thank you for thread with the photos. That is definitely above my pay grade. I have changed out the belts and the easy front engine mount. But that looks like major engine work for sure. I cranked it this morning and it blew more like blue smoke this morning. it sat overnight. When i looked at the center exhaust pipes you could see condensation and water sputtering out so more like head problem i hope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts