Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting new wheels to get rid of my staggered setup so I can rotate them. Anyone know if 16x7 ET40 wheels will fit on all four corners? Probably go with 205/45/16 tires. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
These are for 453. I have edition 1 with sport suspension if that matters.
Should fit fine, pretty sure some models of the 453 run 205/45r16 from factory. If anything you’d have a little bit of rub but it wouldn’t harm the tires at all since your fenders are plastic, and it wouldn’t harm anything visible or significant in the fender/wheel well. It shouldn’t rub though on the stock suspension. I’d recommend going +30 offset though if you want it somewhat flush with a 7” wide wheel, +40 will look a little sunken in.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should fit fine, pretty sure some models of the 453 run 205/45r16 from factory. If anything you’d have a little bit of rub but it wouldn’t harm the tires at all since your fenders are plastic, and it wouldn’t harm anything visible or significant in the fender/wheel well. It shouldn’t rub though on the stock suspension. I’d recommend going +30 offset though if you want it somewhat flush with a 7” wide wheel, +40 will look a little sunken in.
Unfortunately, most of the wheels I like are only available in +40. Any wheels you can recommend?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unfortunately, most of the wheels I like are only available in +40. Any wheels you can recommend?
All depends on your budget. If you’re looking for something not super expensive but still good quality, Konig and Enkei are a couple brands off the top of my head that make good quality wheels in smaller sizes. Or if you’re looking for something really nice with 3 piece options you can go for something like Work or SSR, I actually have some Works coming in for my 453 pretty soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts