Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ex used some sort of funky cleaner on the leather seats of my 2009 passion cabriolet, and now the leather is brittle and disintegrating. I'm looking for replacement seats online - will 2008 seats fit my 2009 car? They're also the heated kind, if that matters...?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My ex used some sort of funky cleaner on the leather seats of my 2009 passion cabriolet, and now the leather is brittle and disintegrating. I'm looking for replacement seats online - will 2008 seats fit my 2009 car? They're also the heated kind, if that matters...?
Yes they will.
Smart heated seat are available in leather and fabric.
Good luck

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
All the 451’s seats will fit, with heaters. Be sure to find ones, with built in OEM arm rest.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My first smart was a 2008 convertible with heated leather seats. Top up they were fine with the top down they sucked. I don't care how overcast it was if there was just a glimmer of sun the seats were too hot to sit on. I did not know until I bought my second smart 5 years ago a 2009 smart convertable that had HEATED fabric seats. I feel it's the best of both worlds. I never knew heated seats could be anything other than leather-covered. I don't care how hot it gets now and here in Vegas it gets hot. Top down you can get into this car and the seats are hot but they don't burn your skin like leather or vinyl does. Because of the option package I have heated leather seats in my Buick. I wish they were nice fabric instead.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
This is what I don’t care for on the smart car leather seat. There made of possum skins. We always had leather seat in other cars. They don’t do this, after even the first week driving new.

Bum warmers are great here in the midwest. Especially on ice cold leather seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts