Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but Im looking to get a freezer and transport it in my 2015 fortwo.

Will a 3.0 cubic feet freezer fit in the trunk or the passenger or will I have to get the 2.1 cubic feet one

The 3.0 example is:

20.1"L x 21.3"D x 31.0"H

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have transported my dishwasher and clothes dryer in my Smart. Just take measurements for fit.
Interesting.
I don't think I'd have the confidence to strap all that stuff and leave the door open. I'll try to measure it and see which one fits with the door closed.

·
Registered
7,993 Posts
It will most likely fit with the hatch door down. I just measured mine. You will need to Tethered it down. If you don’t feel comfortable with the hatch down. Home Depot, will rent you a truck, for a small price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It will most likely fit with the hatch door down. I just measured mine. You will need to Tethered it down. If you don’t feel comfortable with the hatch down. Home Depot, will rent you a truck, for a small price.
Thanks. I searched one of the posts on this forum where someone measured the trunk of the fortwo.

39" wide x 27" tall x 21"

The 2.1 cu ft freezer I'm getting from amazon looks like a perfect fit
17.4"L x 21.3"D x 25.2"H

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Thanks. I searched one of the posts on this forum where someone measured the trunk of the fortwo.

39" wide x 27" tall x 21"

The 2.1 cu ft freezer I'm getting from amazon looks like a perfect fit
17.4"L x 21.3"D x 25.2"H
As long as the box it’s in isn’t too large.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts