Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to search some junkyards for some rear wheels that I would like to put onto the front of my ED.
Are all the rear wheels on the smart cars the same size? Or will I have to look for specific vehicles?

THanks in advance.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,660 Posts
All rear wheels for smarts are 5.5x15 except the Brabus at 7.5x17. A few years ago there were optional wheels for the 451 that included 6.5x15 on the rear. These are factory wheel sizes. The after market offers other sizes.

·
3,660 Posts
Why not? I have 17x7.5 on all four corners of my 2009 ice Brabus. See my signature photo to see what I am referring to.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, that's awesome. But I thought I read 17's are for Brabus. I have a 2014 fortwo coupe.
Welp, I'm confused after looking at your album. I thought Brabus meant 453.

·
3,660 Posts
The Brabus was offered on 450, 451, and 453 models. Of course, we never got any 450's in the US. The 17" wheels were standard on 451 Brabus cars on the rear only, with 15" on the front. I have installed 17" on the front of my car with the same size tire as the rear. The wheels and tires will fit onto your car just fine since we both have the same brakes and hubs. The Brabus is 10mm lower than yours and has different springs and shocks, but that is the main difference except cosmetics.

·
3,660 Posts
Beyond cosmetics, "maybe" a B'bus remap of the transmission?

Our MY08 w/aftermarket CC and MY09 B'bus are like night & day???
I forgot about that. I remember reading years ago about the 20% faster shifting program on the US spec Brabus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts