Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! Been ages since I posted, but that is good because I haven't had any problems with my Smart at all!

I am going to try and upgrade to a newer one at the end of the summer, but I really need to replace all 4 tires and I was hoping for some help. I need to save some money so I have been looking online.

The car is a 2008 Smart Cabriolet, and I found these on Amazon, will they fit? I plan to bring them somewhere for installation. They are the best price I could find:

Amazon.com: Hankook Ventus V2 Concept Tire - 195/50R15 82H SL: Automotive

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to keep the original wheels, I am aware that the front and back have different sizes. For some reason, Amazon is not showing the correct sizes for this particular car.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
The width of the original front wheels may make this width tire too big. I am not an expert on this. I used this size tire on all four wheels but they were all 6.5" wide wheels.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
The stock front rims are to narrow for the size you want... Front Rim size is 4.5 inches wide... Rear rim size is 5.5" and is OK for the 195x50x15"

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
~Best Deal~
Stop on over and get a Quote for stock fitment... Don't forget you get the 4th tire Free...
Pep Boys Local Store Ad PROVIDENCE#

Note: If you have ANYBODY change tires for you: "You Must Tell Them to Hand Torque Them to Only 81 Foot Pounds (thats lower than there Guns a set-up for... Also tell them that your Tire pressure monitors are working pefectly, and thats the way you want it Back...!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts