Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a '13 ice shine passion and want to de badge the grill. Problem is, I looked real quick last night and the emblem is a part of the grill.

Found this on eBay and the years say til '12. I'm sure it fits but can anyone confirm?

http://bit.ly/1cKLcII

Thanks

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
So I have a '13 ice shine passion and want to de badge the grill. Problem is, I looked real quick last night and the emblem is a part of the grill.

Found this on eBay and the years say til '12. I'm sure it fits but can anyone confirm?

http://bit.ly/1cKLcII

Thanks
It will, but you will need the '12 grill surround and latches for the hood to go with it. All of that changed for the '13's.

·
Registered
287 Posts
another approach...

rather than debadging, consider painting the current badge flat black to hide it. Less expensive and no major rebuilding of the front end.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rather than debadging, consider painting the current badge flat black to hide it. Less expensive and no major rebuilding of the front end.

Just a thought...

...even better, didn't think of that

or, is a black flat badge available?

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
or even better, a flat badge painted "black hole". Just don't let it touch the car, and handle carefully. :D ;D

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
It will, but you will need the '12 grill surround and latches for the hood to go with it. All of that changed for the '13's.
How do you remove the hood in the '13?

Explain what needs to be done to the '13 to put in an older grill, surround, latches, and latch attachments.

If I get a '13 I would like to put in the older grill and surround and need to know what is needed and how it is done.

Thanks,
Mick

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Why would you want to do that?
I'm trying to buy a black '13 and want to put a Carlsson front valence painted in similar fashion as on my white '09. I want to use the stainless grill inserts made by Carlsson as well and that would require the older style grill and surround. Plus...I just don't like the way the '13 grill looks...just a personal feeling...a lot of people like the '13 grill better than the older grill and surround.
I think I have the price on the '13 where I want it but I need to look at the costs to do what I did to the '09 before biting the bullet on the '13.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Yesterday I saw a red Passion with 3 ports on each side trying to simulate a Buick.
It was driven by a little old lady (my age?) and it looked interesting to say the least.
We all dress our cars in unique ways just to individualize them.
As for the chicken head within the grill, it takes the 'smart' look away from the car because it's much to large in size. It also reminds me of inserting a key for winding up the car. It's personal; I don't like it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts