Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously...a completely redesigned '15 Smart Car is on the horizon!

What improvements & changes does everyone expect compared to their current Smart?

If the vehicle offers significant improvements in drivabilty & functionality...will you be a buyer of the '15 Smart?

This should be a fun thread!

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,226 Posts
No. I am an old retired guy on a fixed income and my days of paying cash for a new car are now over. I have not financed anything for a very long time and don't plan to start now. I have low miles on my 09 Brabus coupe(3564) and plan for it to last until I get a mobility scooter.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
yes, I'm planning on getting a C453 smart and hoping the w453 comes over at some point.

when the forfour comes out I'm curious to see the Renault Sport version of the Twingo against the Brabus version of the Forfour.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
No. I am an old retired guy on a fixed income and my days of paying cash for a new car are now over. I have not financed anything for a very long time and don't plan to start now. I have low miles on my 09 Brabus coupe(3564) and plan for it to last until I get a mobility scooter.

Funny:)

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Yes. With a number of caveats. It has to get 50mpg or better, keep a nice set of amenities and not be excessive in price. I'm looking forward to seeing their offering.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Well I'm an old guy too. But, I plan on buying a next gen ice carbio in 3 to 4 years. Instead of paying the bank interest I put aside a basic car payment each month. When it amounts to the price of a new car I want…. I buy one and start over again. After 5 years of our smart I had more than enough in the car account to buy a new fiat 500c last April. So I figure in 3 to 4 more years or so enough to purchase a new smart…. maybe sooner if my 08 is worth a couple of Ks in trade in.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Probably not. I plan to keep the Canada 1 cabriolet forever. I own four cars right now. The 2013 Fiesta will be in the hands of one of the three kids one of these days, so we'll be down to three. My wife does not drive.

Next on the agenda will be to replace the Mercedes B 200 in a few years' time, probably with a larger Mercedes. After that, the Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection restoration will begin. Meanwhile I will continue to own the super-rare Tailor Made 450 cdi.

As you can see, there doesn't appear to be room for a 453 in there…unless we decide that the Fiesta should be traded in on one. That doesn't seem likely at this moment.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Leased my '13 to keep my options open for when the next gen comes here. I like the size but more width would be a plus for me. If the following are true, I probably will buy: higher mpg, slightly softer suspension, better handling and stability, better tranny and slightly more power - with turbo, hopefully.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Depends on several things, the new look, engine & tranny (factory turbo) and if someone wants to buy my Orangecrate ???:wink:

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
The looks have to keep it in a unique place. Unique does not mean goofy. If it is too conventional looking why not buy a Prius? Also it should be easy to modify and upgrade with aftermarket goodies. Having an engine that can be modified and worked on by the owner would be a plus.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Yes, I am hopeful and eager for the 453 to arrive. I feel pretty confident that Mercedes has made a good assessment of areas needing improvement, and knows what's on the line with the next generation smart. Count me in!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Probably not. I gave up on new cars years ago. I'm also way past being excited by new car introductions. Being a product tester at my expense for the car companies has gotten old and nearly bankrupted me.

Leasing my '13 Pure was a HUGE exception. I got the current model as that's what I wanted. If it fairs well I'll be buying it when the new ones come out and my lease is up.

1 - 20 of 267 Posts