Smart Car of America Forum banner

Williamsburg ~ 2 May Car Show

7K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  orfsmart 
#1 ·
The 10th Annual British & European Car Show--Williamsburg British Car Club will be held on Sunday, 2 May, 2010 from 9 am ~ 2:30 pm.
The address is 4801 Courthouse St,Williamsburg,Va. 23185.
The cost is $20.00 per smart.
Once they fix the registration, I will send the site.
They are motivated that a smart car section is forcasted. I hope to see more than one smart at this event. I will have a 10' x 10' portable pavillion for cover from rain or shine.
:confused::smartje.wt.zw::smartje.rd.zw::smartje.bl.zw::smartje.zw.zw::smartje.grs.zw::toot:Anyone interested?

#4 ·
Thanks "Old Smart" for the updated registration site.
As shown, the registration deadline is "by 26 April". Late fee afterwords is $25.00.
Last year in Richmond, a few of us showed up and we had a great time. Preference is to have a variety of smarts. (i.e. Pure, Passion, Cabrio, different colors, ("pazzazz" = foyfarlow's ~ thx)).
This means I have to get 3LUG a detailed bath again. There goes my toothbrush.

#11 ·
If it is the same as the event of last fall, yes, it is family oriented/approved. You clean up you smart, put it on display for all to see, walk around, score the other entries for trophy consideration, trying the variety of foods, hob~nob~n,
and also, have a great day. "Bring a chair."

#14 ·
It sounds like 5 may show up for this event. Chairs are a must, I will bring a 10 x 10 just in case it rains or if we need shade. I will C U there.
If you know of a place near the entrance, we could meet there and drive in at about 8:50 am. Your thoughts?

#16 ·
FOYFARLOW is the best to reply to this one. He is seasoned.
Bottom line, if you make it clean, inside & out, you cannot go wrong. Some "Folks" will look at the engine, some will look under the hood, and some will look inside. I have some pocket flyers for those interested from the dealership.
They want to hear about your driving stories. I like telling the one where I got hit by one car as I was traveling at 75 miles per hour near Richmond on I-64, and was sent into an RV bus. We collided at my passenger door. Talk about having a bad day.
C U there.

#21 ·
I plan to be there at 8:45. I have the 10 x 10, chair, cooler of water, ready for whatever temps comes up. Ridged flexibility is always a good rule of thumb. Setup should take a whole 6 minutes. Plan to put a smart at each wall of the 10 x 10 is a thought. It all depends on the space they give us. We may just have to use one parking spot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.