Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking up my new Blue SMART on Monday the 5th of January. Really looking forward to it. My wife thinks that the Wind Up Key that she has seen would really be neat. Does anyone know where I could buy one ?

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,093 Posts
My wife thinks that the Wind Up Key that she has seen would really be neat.

FWIW - I just purchased and installed one this week. It is a very well made piece of work with many options and Mark was very helpful and accommodating. If you're interested in one, I have no problem recommending windupkey.com. :)

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
I will be picking up my new Blue SMART on Monday the 5th of January. Really looking forward to it. My wife thinks that the Wind Up Key that she has seen would really be neat. Does anyone know where I could buy one ?
To each his own but yikes :eek:.... If you don't have to please don't. :)

No offense Ken... just not my thing. :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just ordered a free spinning one in powder coat black gloss! I'm having most of the bee graphics taken off, I think I'll leave one small one with the little dotted trail on each front, side quarter panel (don't want to be TOO gaudy!) :D

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Here's a chance to get back at the "Drill Now" fanatics -- they sell a windup key for MUCH less $$ -- we could buy some and change the wording!
Actually, I have ordered one - should be here tomorrow. And I fully intend to, at the very least, re-paint it...

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Wow, this is a much cheaper option compared to one I saw on the site this summer, but I'd repaint mine to a solid color. I don't care for the politics painted all over it.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
repaint with SCOA or local Smart group logo?

Wow, this is a much cheaper option compared to one I saw on the site this summer, but I'd repaint mine to a solid color. I don't care for the politics painted all over it.
I agree. I would rather paint it than have the political part. Perhaps one could paint it showing the SCOA logo on it? Perhaps have ones local Smart group logo on it? Perhaps have it match the color of ones car? There are so many possibilities. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
I just got mine today, and its construction explains the 14.95 price tag - PVC pipe shaft, and plastic-corrugated board for the key tabs. I'll repaint it this weekend, and adding the smart and SCOA logos isn't a bad idea.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually, I have ordered one - should be here tomorrow. And I fully intend to, at the very least, re-paint it...

When you get it, let us know what you think of it. What is it made from, how well is it made, and does it spin etc.
thanks,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just got mine today, and its construction explains the 14.95 price tag - PVC pipe shaft, and plastic-corrugated board for the key tabs. I'll repaint it this weekend, and adding the smart and SCOA logos isn't a bad idea.
If I had waited just two minutes longer I would have seen your post. If you intend to use this occasionally or not sure if you will like it, this seems like the way to go.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
photos please

When it is done, take photos to post. It would be nice to see how it looks. :cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts