Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The photos make me wish I had ordered a red roadster.
I assume you meant cabrio? When I originally reserved on 10/1 (Stooopid) I put in for a red cabrio with silver and beige interior. Since the reds (Exterior versus interior) clash (IMHO) the photo with the beige interior looks good. My only challenge will be to add the auto lights and rain sensor as dealer installed since I don't want black interior with leather nor power steering.

·
Registered
178 Posts
your right - cabrio. Red/Tan is a nice combo - the only drawback is that convertible interiors (in my experience) tend to dirty much faster. Agree the red on red would probably not match.

I happen to like the smart red very much, but then I have a Pimento red TR6, which looks like nearly exact same color. I couldn't have two cars the same color.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just an FYI ... I dont think the exterior red (orange) color of the new smart nor the red (orange) interior clash in real life - they are very similar but the car is far more orange than it is red - especially in bright light as the metal-flake in the metalic paint is orange.
James

·
Super Moderator
28,306 Posts
Just an FYI ... I dont think the exterior red (orange) color of the new smart nor the red (orange) interior clash in real life - they are very similar but the car is far more orange than it is red - especially in bright light as the metal-flake in the metalic paint is orange.
James
You have (re) opened a real can of worms now! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
oh oh sorry - but hey - they call it metalic red - its metalic all right but it sure isn't red ... red is a fire truck - the smart red is a ripe tomato ... i put a photo of the color on CsC on my review to show it ... that is the exact color ... but the tan interior is great!

·
Super Moderator
28,306 Posts
oh oh sorry - but hey - they call it metalic red - its metalic all right but it sure isn't red ... red is a fire truck - the smart red is a ripe tomato ... i put a photo of the color on CsC on my review to show it ... that is the exact color ... but the tan interior is great!
Not to worry; there are numerous previous comments about how red is red and is it orange not red, etc. Some like it, some don't. I've got a blue car with orange/red interior requested - can't wait to see what that looks like. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I wanted to bring this back up to the top, because I just stumbled across this "magazine" today (referral from another list on the current issue). So I thought maybe they reviewed the smart. With apprehension, I went searching. Probably the most honest review of the car I've seen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts