Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I got in my 2005 Smart 450 and the window was partially inside the door (?)....I knew I didn't do that so I pushed on the window button and it made noise but didn't go up....tried going down, grabbed the window to pull up, nope, but I could gently push it own more....anyway, no luck...drove off in 35 degree weather with heater full blast, window open and went home! Is this something we can work on in the garage? We have a fairly tech/mechanical/electrical savvy person in the house...the dealer is over an hour away....
thanks, Karen

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, we've taken the driver door apart and found the culprit...it is a piece of white plastic attached with 2 T 30 torques...here's of what ours looks like...sooooo....can anyone direct us to where we can find this part? Everything else looks good.....thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
If you can remove it see if it has a separate part number. Smart Madness or one of the Canadian dealers may be able to get one for you. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, we have not removed the part yet....meantime, we will look for Canadian dealers....any names or numbers to suggest?....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we ordered 2 just in case the passenger door clip breaks at some point.....but we'll post the pic when it is done....and a big THANK YOU TO ALL who made suggestions for websites to go to....:) K

1 - 13 of 13 Posts