Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my 2015 Brabus for about three years. In that time I have always had the sun shade pulled back. This spring for some reason I closed it and left it closed. I have in the past few weeks noticed how hot it has been inside the car and it's not even summer yet(I live in NW Ohio). I went out to wash the car yesterday and as soon as the water hit the windshield it popped. I was just wondering if this is just a fluke or something that is known. It had to be because of the glass being too hot on the inside.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is the windshield not the roof. No rock chips. It started on the top edge of the laminated glass. After looking at both my other cars all the edges are protected but the smart is totally exposed. I know from working with glass for 40 years that the edges are the most vulnerable. I guess I should have asked if this is a problem that is well known or just bad luck. In my opinion it is a bad design to have exposed edges combined with the heat and cold water.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.