Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This used 2013 came with some sort of camera attached to the windshield. I had a new stereo put in and the tech told me it was from the factory.

Anyone know what this is?

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, right by the mirror

Really, rain sensor? It doesn't even have intermittent wipers! No cruise control either. I'll try to attach a photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yep, your picture is the rain and headlight sensors, sorry no camera.
The smart fortwo was designed and marketed as a European City car. Very little need for cruise control in that application.
Good luck

JL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you. I have a 2014 Fortwo that I bought only a few months ago. I was trying to decipher a message on the instrument panel and discovered this fab site. We had a forfour rental a few years ago in Spain and loved it. So when I saw this tater tot for sale I pounced!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info! The rain sensor works, but I can't seem to figure out how the head light part of it is suppose to work. I was assuming the head lights would turn on automatically when it senses that it's dark outside, but mine does nothing. Any insight would be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2014. I keep the headlight set on auto. During the day the headlights don’t come on, but when I pull into the garage the sensor detects that it’s dark and they switch on. Try testing the sensor that way

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
My 2012 Smart Fortwo Passion has the sensor; aka, the puck. The wiper lever has one down for intermitten, one up for slow and two up for fast. When in intermitten, it automatically adjusts to how much rain there is coming down. It increases in speed when it the rain becomes heavier. The light bar also has 'auto'. When it is put in this position, the lights come on automatically when it gets dark suddenly; rain or going through a tunnel. I don't know if it is the same in your car. I like the 'puck' and its features.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 Smart Fortwo Passion has the sensor; aka, the puck. The wiper lever has one down for intermitten, one up for slow and two up for fast. When in intermitten, it automatically adjusts to how much rain there is coming down. It increases in speed when it the rain becomes heavier. The light bar also has 'auto'. When it is put in this position, the lights come on automatically when it gets dark suddenly; rain or going through a tunnel. I don't know if it is the same in your car. I like the 'puck' and its features.
Thanks! This is the best explanation I’ve seen. Just bought a 2013 Cabrio with a puck and there is no mention of it in the manual.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts