Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
Hey all,

Wondering if someone could help me with this...?
Another car clipped off my driver mirror...I have bought a new one from mercedes, and have figured out how to change the mirror itself, and the colour cap on the back of the unit.
I have searched and searched but cannot find anywhere on the net how to take the old wing mirror unit off the door :(
If anyone knows, or has any ideas...I would be humbly grateful.
Cheers,
Kev

·
Registered
106 Posts
:confused:
Hey all,

Wondering if someone could help me with this...?
Another car clipped off my driver mirror...I have bought a new one from mercedes, and have figured out how to change the mirror itself, and the colour cap on the back of the unit.
I have searched and searched but cannot find anywhere on the net how to take the old wing mirror unit off the door :(
If anyone knows, or has any ideas...I would be humbly grateful.
Cheers,
Kev
Hmmmm, thats tricky. How much is ur comprehensive deductible? Mine is $250, Id prob just let the insurance handle it and have a shop install it... :shrug:

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I took mine off when I took the doors off to change speakers. It wasn't that hard. There are some bolts under the interior trim. I don't remember the exact steps. There is electrical plugs for power mirrors and wires for speakers even if you don't have the speakers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers all.
It is indeed 453, and my insurance won't cover it because I didn't get the other cars details...even though my car was parked...!
I'm hoping to do the mirror on Tuesday... @Stretchmobile, did you have to take the interior door trim off? The speaker and mirror wires i'm hopefully swotted up on :)

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Yes, to access the bolts that hold the mirror on. I believe there is one screw at the bottom of the trim where the rubber door seal contacts it. Then the trim lifts off. Not the whole door panel, just the cover at the front of the door glass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts