Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently put some 3 season tires on the rear of my 08 451. I was worried they'd be dangerous in winter so I ordered some of these https://www.giga-tires.com/175-55-15/federal-tires/formoza-az01/tirecode/987I5A?gclid=Cj0KCQjw_absBRD1ARIsAO4_D3ugMwbjpvV25zxAqCa_sUJYwjbnBo8GZgTn-WMFqBhAY0BQCK1Nf8EaAuHUEALw_wcB
Federal Formozas.
Is this a good choice? They came today and don't look very grippy.
Maybe these are a better option https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Vredestein&tireModel=Quatrac+5&frontTire=56TR5QT5&rearTire=755TR5QT5&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=smart&autoYear=2009&autoModel=fortwo passion coupe&autoModClar=

I just want some good traction and the federals just don't look like they will have it. Looking for something of similar price.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the quatrac but yeah they are about twice the price of the federals in stock sizes but what other sizes can I run? I thought I saw 165/60?

I didn't find many options in the search but guess you can run different than stock sizes.

Hehe guess I am gonna have to drive my Federals back to return them.

·
Super Moderator
11,292 Posts
If you see snow depths of over a few inches, you may want to look for a dedicated snow tire. An all season tire is OK for LIGHT snow falls but if you are thinking an all season tire will handle 3-5 (or more) inches of wet snow, you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So dumb question but I cant find a for sale section of this forum.

Searching for snow tires for sale but cant find. Anyone help me out?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can someone tell me if I can fit a set of 175/65/15 tires? Seems pretty close in size. Found some good deals on this size of winter specific tires.

Last winter was mild but since I have 3 season tires on now I figure get winter tires instead of all season.

Not sure how the taller tire will affect geometry & handling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts