Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered a set of pirelli winter 190 snowcontrol tires, from tirerack,, pirelli is the only company that makes a 155-60-15 winter tire, which is nice of them cause the smart is the only car that needs this small of a tire, put the matching 175-55-15 on the rear, all on stock wheels,, will take a week or so to get them mounted and on the car

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
I opted for the Pirellis mounted on stock steel rims (from the dealer) and will keep the stock Conti's on the alloy ones for the nice weather. BTW, if you go this route, remember to order the center caps too. It seems that they don't automatically come with the steel wheels.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I went with the blizaks and rims from tire rack all four 175 55 15's instead of going with the smaller front tire

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hey SARTIEPANTS!
I was going to call you, was wondering if you wanted your original wheels. I guess you are not getting rid of them.
Have fun in the snow!

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
I went with the blizaks and rims from tire rack all four 175 55 15's instead of going with the smaller front tire
Tires Plus, my local continental tire store, just quoted me on a pair of Blizzaks for the rear $261 installed on my rims.
ZBBL 175/55R15 BLIZZAK LM-18 BW

·
Registered
203 Posts
Tires Plus, my local continental tire store, just quoted me on a pair of Blizzaks for the rear $261 installed on my rims.
ZBBL 175/55R15 BLIZZAK LM-18 BW
You're treading a slippery slope, literally, if you go with just snow tires on the rear. Spend the extra bucks and do all four.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
You're treading a slippery slope, literally, if you go with just snow tires on the rear. Spend the extra bucks and do all four.
That would cost More than double, I would need new rims for the front as well as a second set of tires. Don't you think something is better than nothing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts