Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everywhere I go to get wiper blades they list the 451 blades for my 2016. Where are you guys getting yours?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. Have yet to find any replacement blades that actually fit the wiper arms on my 2016, either. Been using the same blades that were on it when I bought it brand new 3 years and 8 months ago.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got mine at the dealership. They were about in line with the chain stores on price. Just 100 mile round trip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All, new member here. Just got a smart 453 on July 11. A 2016, gas. Loving it so far. The wiper blades need to be replaced so I bought Rain-X Latitudes at a local Advanced Auto Parts based on the size recommendations on their website. My problem is, I'm having a heck of a time getting the old ones off. Trying to follow the instructions in the owners manual and look up videos on YouTube. Haven't found any videos for 453s. Could anyone give some assistance or send me a video link? I'd really appreciate it. I've already snapped off the plastic tabs on one of the old wipers and don't want to do anymore damage. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a follow up, I managed to get the old blade off. Now I'm wondering if the Rain-X blades I bought are going to work. Is the style of this wiper considered a I & L? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Just a follow up, I managed to get the old blade off. Now I'm wondering if the Rain-X blades I bought are going to work. Is the style of this wiper considered a I & L? Thanks.
The 453 uses what I believe is a bayonet style of attachment for the wipers. Unfortunately, it seems that it's a non-standard size that I've yet to find an aftermarket replacement for. My car is almost sipping on 70k miles, and I'm still using the blades it came with from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Autozone. Get RainX silicone. They work way better and last waaaaayy longer.
I've always used RainX Latitude wipers on my cars, but I've bought them twice since I've had my 453, and neither time was there any way to actually attach them to the wiper arms of the car. Unless something has changed recently, the hole in the blade that the arm is supposed to slide into isn't wide enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts