Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With MB taking over what happens to Smart eBike n escooter?

Is that concept scrapped or will MB take over.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
MB doesn't have any different relationship internationally (eg with global smart) that before, it is simply bringing an underperforming USA market inline with the rest of the world. I've got to imagine that the smart e-bike and e-scooter hold the same position as they did a year ago: as concept, future-leaning technologies.

·
17,352 Posts
Not at all...The ebike and escooter concepts had nothing to do with smartUSA...

Remember, this takeover only applies to operations in the USA.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Check this out:
smart forspeed concept – more images revealed

I'm surprised I have not seen this posted here yet. I know the concept renderings were posted about a month ago, with speculation it could be the next fortwo, but it appears it's smarts newest concept vehicle. You can see the bike & scooter are in some of the pictures as well.
See
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f3/2011-geneva-motor-show-hosts-new-smart-roadster-concept-37245/#post415548

It needs a new Title

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
These smart designs come out of Mercedes Benz Design Studios, not smart design studios, so nothing is going to change. My take on the USA take over is to see smart USA sales become bigger and better for the benefit of corporate Daimler as a whole. Advertising will get a much bigger budget. There is much more at stake here than smart profitability in the US. It is a global thing not just an American pie.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts