Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
y So, I have decided to finally join the forums that ive wanted to join for a long time since I bought my new car a year ago.

So a bit of info about me:
I'm not putting up my real name for privacy reason but around the web I go as MegaChar or MegamanDX. Just a young adult trying to get through life and helping others and having a adventure while doing so. Overall I'm really a kinda shy person in person but I don't mind meeting others.

Anyways! So to why I joined, I wanted to be with the community of those who drive a neat car like I do. I'm really happy that there is a community as I though I was only a few people out there who drive Smart Cars in the US so that's really awesome. So why did I buy a Smart Car when there was so many other choices: Price,easy to control,good starter car since I'm a new driver(Im 22,one year of driving experience;I know I'm late to the party),not very powerful and just plain...different.

When I first set my eyes on a Smart Car when I was 16, I wanted to drive one and last year I fulfilled my life long dream to drive one when I got my drivers licence. I also have gotten professional training so I could get the licence plus defensive driving training from the state of CA so I do kinda have some skills so no worrys! The car I own now is the first car my mother and I have owned in 8 years. The cost to run our old 1968 chevy chevelle Malibu was too much on my moms SSI so we had to sell it and been getting stuff done eather walking to town or bike riding until last year I got finally got a job after 5 years of trying to get a job with no success. I saved up and got my drivers licence then bought our Smart with 12K miles on it and I would take care of the car which I seem to be doing a good job so far.

My experience so far has been: Just wowwww! Its everything Ive expected and even more as I discover more and more features about our car. Im so happy about my new car that Ive gotten artwork of it done for me. I do sometime freelance macotting as a dragon along with my friends who we mascot as other animals to make others happy or to cheer others up. So yea...Ever since I first owned my car, my life has taken a complete 180 and changed forever. I hope I can spend many years with my Smart Car or at least when the engine dies and replace it and keep going.

Im glad to be here! See ya around!

Attachments

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
Hello Megachar. That sure is one pretty Smart Car. I have always been partial to blue, but I ended up with a red one and am very happy with it. A Fortwo is a very rare car here in West Virgina. Just be sure that you regularly check the oil and also check the antifreeze and all should be well. So many people drive a Smart and get to the point that they dont' like opening the tailgate, lifting up the carpet and then opening the engine cover to pull that yellow dipstick out to see of there's enough oil in the engine. The anitfreeze is easier to check. Just pop the 2 latches, one on each side of the grille and lift off the service flap (hood) and look on the side of the resovior to be sure the level is in bewteen "min" and "max". It is the one to othe right of the windshield washer fluid resovoir. Good luck with your Smart and we hope to hear more from you on the forum. Take care. DCO

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Welcome to the club!!!! :D You're only 2 years younger than me. I think that officially makes you our second youngest member behind another new member. :)

Anyway, your story reminds me of my own. I first set my eyes on a smart in 2008 when I was 15. I joined this forum soon after and got my dream car in 2012...a 2012 passion coupe I named Tucker!

Indeed, these cars have life-changing powers. I can certainly say that there's no way I'm ever going to stop driving smarts unless someone peels the ability out of my cold, dead hands.

And because Tucker is pretty much only half-alive this year, he ended up getting a companion to deep freeze with named Phil.

Enjoy the car, you're going to have a fun ride!!!!!! :)

·
Banned
844 Posts
So a bit of info about me:
I'm not putting up my real name for privacy reason but around the web I go as MegaChar or MegamanDX. Just a young adult trying to get through life and helping others and having a adventure while doing so. Overall I'm really a kinda shy person in person but I don't mind meeting others.

Anyways! So to why I joined, I wanted to be with the community of those who drive a neat car like I do. I'm really happy that there is a community as I though I was only a few people out there who drive Smart Cars in the US so that's really awesome. So why did I buy a Smart Car when there was so many other choices: Price,easy to control,good starter car since I'm a new driver(Im 22,one year of driving experience;I know I'm late to the party),not very powerful and just plain...different.

When I first set my eyes on a Smart Car when I was 16, I wanted to drive one and last year I fulfilled my life long dream to drive one when I got my drivers licence. I also have gotten professional training so I could get the licence plus defensive driving training from the state of CA so I do kinda have some skills so no worrys! The car I own now is the first car my mother and I have owned in 8 years. The cost to run our old 1968 chevy chevelle Malibu was too much on my moms SSI so we had to sell it and been getting stuff done eather walking to town or bike riding until last year I got finally got a job after 5 years of trying to get a job with no success. I saved up and got my drivers licence then bought our Smart with 12K miles on it and I would take care of the car which I seem to be doing a good job so far.
yep, you remind me of Neon, hitting smart rallies before owning a smart, i've known Neon 8 years, really nice person. Welcome to SCOA!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Welcome to the fun lifestyle that IS the Smart. Have had mine for 9 months and 14000 miles now and it still puts a smile on my face every time I go in the garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I do the usual checks like my tires,coolant and oil every 100 miles or before every big trip and have some mechanic experience from my mom growing up so I should know a think or two(I hope). My Smart is already past the 30K mark about 2 weeks ago and I owned my car a year ago(I do long trips to visit my 66 year old mom on weekends if you ever see me on the I-5).

I should have better pics up in a few days and some more funny pics of some of my adventures of my Smart*smiles*.

EDIT: Oh my gosh! Some of your Smarts are so cute and cool! When I was looking for a color for my new smart I was looking for a TARDIS blue color but they had only red black or baby blue and I chosen the baby blue color...Ahhhh So much to talk about!

Anyways, ill see ya guys around and again. Ill have more pics up in a few days.

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Your excitement is just so refreshing it makes me smile!!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts