Smart Car of America Forum banner

Wooohoo, got the email to confirm!

6K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Smartfor2guy 
#1 ·
I placed my reservation on March 30 and just got the email to confirm a few minutes ago:

Dear XXXXXX,

The U.S. arrival of the 2008 smart fortwo is getting closer every day. The enthusiasm and anticipation surrounding smart has been tremendous and we would like to thank you for being an important part of it from the beginning. As one of the first customers to place a reservation, we are pleased to inform you that we may be able to deliver your smart fortwo during the first half of 2008. For this to happen, you will need to finalize your reservation by verifying or changing your model and color choices, and by adding any options that you would like. It is important that you complete this process no later than November 16, 2007 to avoid any delays in the delivery of your smart fortwo.

smart USA has created the Reservation Confirmation Program that will provide you with exclusive access to specify your smart fortwo model and colors, add factory-installed options, update your contact information, and enable you to finalize your reservation. The Program, located at http://www.mysmartfortwo.com/, will also provide you with introductory pricing for your smart fortwo model as well as any factory installed options that you choose.

Your personal username and password to access this site are as follows.

Username: xxxxxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxx

Please keep this information confidential as they are the unique ‘keys’ used to customize your smart fortwo.

You will receive an email acknowledgement of your “finalized reservation” within 24 hours. Again, please make sure that you confirm your reservation by 9pm PDT on November 16, 2007. If you fail to do so, delivery of your smart fortwo will likely be delayed. Should you decide not to confirm your reservation, you can request a full refund of your initial $99 reservation by calling 1-800-smart-USA.

This Reservation Confirmation Program is not an offer to sell or a purchase agreement to buy a smart vehicle. You will receive an official purchase agreement only from an authorized smart USA dealer as the final step prior to taking delivery of your smart fortwo.

If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact us at http://www.smartusa.com/contact-us.asp. Again, thank you for your continued passion and commitment to smart.

Kind regards,

Dave Schembri
President, smart USA

See less See more
#5 ·
What do you guys think: I think I am going to change my specs from yellow w/silver T to the blue metallic, black T, and red interior. My options (in addition to paint $$$) would be definitely pod instruments, fog lamps, (maybe) premium sound system, and Brabus wheels :D

#7 ·
just got mine too!!!!!!! was on the phone questioning when it would come when it did! my date was 31st. getting to the end of the private time, the public announcement was 2 days later. probably be a upsurge again. by the way, i have 2 so i am sure my wife got hers too!!!!

#24 ·
I placed my reservation on March 30 and just got the email to confirm a few minutes ago:

Dear XXXXXX,

The U.S. arrival of the 2008 smart fortwo is getting closer every day. The enthusiasm and anticipation surrounding smart has been tremendous and we would like to thank you for being an important part of it from the beginning. As one of the first customers to place a reservation, we are pleased to inform you that we may be able to deliver your smart fortwo during the first half of 2008. For this to happen, you will need to finalize your reservation by verifying or changing your model and color choices, and by adding any options that you would like. It is important that you complete this process no later than November 16, 2007 to avoid any delays in the delivery of your smart fortwo.

smart USA has created the Reservation Confirmation Program that will provide you with exclusive access to specify your smart fortwo model and colors, add factory-installed options, update your contact information, and enable you to finalize your reservation. The Program, located at http://www.mysmartfortwo.com/, will also provide you with introductory pricing for your smart fortwo model as well as any factory installed options that you choose.

Your personal username and password to access this site are as follows.

Username: xxxxxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxx

Please keep this information confidential as they are the unique ‘keys’ used to customize your smart fortwo.

You will receive an email acknowledgement of your “finalized reservation” within 24 hours. Again, please make sure that you confirm your reservation by 9pm PDT on November 16, 2007. If you fail to do so, delivery of your smart fortwo will likely be delayed. Should you decide not to confirm your reservation, you can request a full refund of your initial $99 reservation by calling 1-800-smart-USA.

This Reservation Confirmation Program is not an offer to sell or a purchase agreement to buy a smart vehicle. You will receive an official purchase agreement only from an authorized smart USA dealer as the final step prior to taking delivery of your smart fortwo.

If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact us at http://www.smartusa.com/contact-us.asp. Again, thank you for your continued passion and commitment to smart.

Kind regards,

Dave Schembri
President, smart USA
Well just imagine you ordered your car the first day possible, then confirmed when the next email came and then your car arrived at the dealership and it has been sitting there two weeks and the dealership is not finished and they expect not to be finished for another 3 0r 4 weeks
That is real pi$$ off:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Houston Texas poor planning - poor service - poor company to do business with

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.