·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With each successive Microbus > Bulli > BUDD-e concept, VW has strayed farther from brilliance. By the time they ever bring a new bus to market, it'll be a mess of an insipid glob, devoid of any character that first got people excited about a redo. It'll be a competent electric minivan, with no endearing visual charm remaining.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would love to have either! I have a 2009 Nissan Cube and I love this quirky car! I wish on of the car manufactures would hurry up!

hartmn

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The four-door Charade wasn't imported here, but the two-door is much better looking anyway. Also check out the Rocky, which we also got. A Copen would be a real dream.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Looks a LOT more like a Geo Tracker to me...............

I had a 4 door 1997 Geo Tracker that was the exact same color. I sold it to a guy who previously owned a Daihatsu Rocky the exact same color as the picture. I wonder which one was better off road, the Rocky or the Tracker? Both were probably really good, but it would not surprise me if more people rated the Rocky higher. I never got a chance to drive one on or off road.

I hated driving the Tracker on surface streets. It was a truck with a suspension built like a truck, clearly a low speed off road vehicle. And the engine was gutless anyway, so a gutless engine with uncomfortable suspension, and the body assembly of a very entry level car that was clearly a carryover of mid to late 80's assembly? Blecch. The only thing I believe the Tracker would have been a great vehicle for is agricultural land.

(I'm referring to Trackers built and sold prior to the 1999 redesign).

·
17,479 Posts
If I had enough disposable cash, I'd totally buy a Honda Beat. They're all beginning to be within the 25 year import rule!

And in a couple years, you can (legally) start importing these guys! Autozam AZ-1!

Reactions: TomLeeM
1 - 16 of 16 Posts