Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 Cabrio with 9000 miles on it. Was cleaning the interior and noticed I have a 1 inch diameter hole in the carpet where my right foot has been rubbing just right of the accelerator... Dangit Jim... Why don't they make this area with plastic... Now I have to find some plastic sheet to mount in there.... :(

·
17,349 Posts
Yep, I noticed this problem area in late 2012 while prepping the car for its first Winter. It was just very lightly worn, but at a distance, you couldn't tell the difference.

I lined the footwells with clear plastic after noticing it and have left them that way ever since. Now my foot rubs against the plastic and the carpets stay safe and clean, especially in the Winter!

P.S. when you put down the plastic, get the carpet around the dead pedal too. Certain shoes can also dig into it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a piece of black plastic at work ( from a book binder ) that will work..

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,219 Posts
I used a black bath towel under the all weather floor mat that covers all the carpet that I could possibly touch with my feet. It is tucked under the carpet edge at the top and by the dead pedal. I also used the same type of towel over the rear carpet in the hatch area and it tucks under the factory carpet edges. It actually looks like a factroy carpet in the rear and can be removed and easily washed as needed.. I am a real stickler for a clean interior and always am looking at ways to keep it as new.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's why they make floor mats....:)
It's NOT the "floor" of the mat that has the hole. It's the side of the console that should have been made out of plastic and not have carpet ran up there...
I installed a piece of black plastic in there and screwed it in with the existing screw for the upper side ...

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
..yes Geezer...just the needle part of the Velcro...good enough for Nasa...good enough for me...

...Sim...the drink just happens to fit...

Jetfuel...on to the next mod....

·
Registered
39 Posts
How about that, Phone/GPS holder? I'm sure home project since it fits snug both of them, cause that would be a life saver for me Since my phone always slides on the passenger seat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts