Volvo XC90
Lincoln MKX
Range Rover Evoque
Consumer Reports says these are the worst new cars of 2014 - Autoblog

No surprise the only Toyota is the iQ, they're obssesed with them :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
The only thing worse than a CR list is another so called journalism site reporting that list. The comments say it all. Cr hasn't had any credibility in 30 years or more on anything. Just paid for advertising at it's worst.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
The only thing worse than a CR list is another so called journalism site reporting that list. The comments say it all. Cr hasn't had any credibility in 30 years or more on anything. Just paid for advertising at it's worst.
:bigthumbup:

CR is a rag :)

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
That's strange the Spark is on the list. It's the safest mini car, of the bunch. Car and Driver rated the EV model the best too. I see lots of them on the road here. What do you want for 13 grand? I bought a Whirlpool up right , washer/dyer, listening to them. What a mistake.

·
Registered
493 Posts
CR is an unreliable source of information as a couple of times freinds of mine have read their "recommendations" with great FAIL...

CR itself is not the authority on autos, or ANYTHING, their testing is very flawed and full of inaccurate data....

the haters will hate....

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
On the other hand, a car I like, the M-B E 250 BT, got a next to perfect score from them. It must be some sort of cosmic coincidence because they are so often wrong.

·
Registered
521 Posts
That's strange the Spark is on the list. It's the safest mini car, of the bunch. Car and Driver rated the EV model the best too. I see lots of them on the road here. What do you want for 13 grand? I bought a Whirlpool up right , washer/dyer, listening to them. What a mistake.

I think this is why its on the list...

But CR has no CRedibility so could care less. They probably drove a smart for 10 minutes and then thought they had an official say on it.

Tesla owners and exotic car owners like my car (and smarts in general, and even own them) so no one else's opinion matters.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
CR, C&D, and Motor Trend have all lost their credibility. They are rags that report what the ads pay for, and that's it.

Personally, I think owning a car on their worst list is a badge of honor. I've never bought a car based on a magazine recommendation, and never will.:D

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
CR, C&D, and Motor Trend have all lost their credibility. They are rags that report what the ads pay for, and that's it.

Personally, I think owning a car on their worst list is a badge of honor. I've never bought a car based on a magazine recommendation, and never will.:D
Well I did….. and enjoyed the ride. It was 87 and my wife and I were bike camping on Martha's Vineyard. There were a lot of Suzuki Samurais running around the island as rentals. We rented one to drive on beach. What fun. I though it would be neat to own one but didn't want to pay the price of admission. Enter CR and their hatchet job in 88 and the prices tanked… BIG TIME. Called the only dealer in Maine at the time and bought a new one over the phone. It was a great little beast so much so that when another popped up on a local lot near our home I bought that one as well.

·
17,350 Posts
I only have three issues with the Spark:

1. It's built in Daewoo's plant in South Korea...that particular plant is not exactly known for churning out long lasting, reliable cars...

2. The headlights should've followed the Beat Concept or the Sonic. Instead they blew them way out of proportions. I imagine replacing them would cost a ridiculous amount.

3. They should offer 17" wheels as standard, those tiny things look goofy.

Otherwise I think it's a great little city car from GM. Much better than the embarrassing Nissan NV200 they're calling the "City Express".

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I think this is why its on the list...

But CR has no CRedibility so could care less. They probably drove a smart for 10 minutes and then thought they had an official say on it.

Tesla owners and exotic car owners like my car (and smarts in general, and even own them) so no one else's opinion matters.
Folks in the the US must like really like the Spark. 34,130 units sold last year, compared to smarts 9264 units. Really how many Telsa owners come up to you? They probably drove all the test models 10 minutes. CR has rated the smart on the low end, since 2008. No new news here. Who really cares.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Worst magazine of 2014 according to blackbelt

Consumer Report>:D>:D

As to the Spark, i think it's a nice car and a great value. When my wife decided to trade in BJ(our 2008 smart)last year, she considered the Spark, but just couldn't get past those headlights. She said if the spark had the Sonics front end, there would be one in our garage.

·
17,350 Posts
Yup, CR ranked smart a 28 and the iQ a 29. Those rear seats were apparently worth a point.

And I think that says something, CR doesn't know jack about city cars. They reviewed the iQ and smart expecting them to be like an economy car, which they really aren't.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts