Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,893 Posts
I’m running 185/60/15. There’s definitely some rubbing, but you really have to look for it to find it. That said, you can hear it rub when leaving parking lots and on off ramps. :shrug:

I have Vredestein Quatrac 5 tyres. After buying the cheapest rubber money could buy for 100,000 miles, this is a welcome change. I think in the experiment with larger tyre sizes, a quality tyre is going to mean a whole lot, especially with filled wheel wells.

I haven’t experienced any issues with rain. Despite the filled wells water still evacuates just fine.

I don’t think snow build up will be an issue in my case either, one bump will send any ice out of the wells as the tyre will make contact. Similar happened when I had 195/50/15s, but it took a Chicago pothole to do it.

I’ve also had a couple emergency stop/maneuvers with my 185/60/15s twice already, the emergency systems in the car performed as designed.

So far as I can see, the only true detriment of my tyre upsizing is that high speed cornering definitely feels much more sketchy.

**But again, this all may be because my choice of tyre. Go cheap and things can get messy. I can’t imagine the old Senturys I had performing this well. I would have eaten a tree by now.**

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.