Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My spouse owns a 2009 passion fortwo. A while back a wrench figure appeared on the cars dash when ever it was turned on. I understand it means that its time for the cars annual service. I am trying to find out specifically what services are applied to the vehicle when taken to the dealership.

Any help with that would be greatly appreciated. Please include as many details as possible. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
28,242 Posts
:welcome: to SCoA! The link to the maintenance schedules provided above will let you download each schedule, showing exactly what should be done for each service interval. smart service depends on time or mileage; either yearly or intervals of 10K miles, whichever comes first. Along with the wrench symbol, you'll usually see a minus sign with a number after it - the number of days service is "overdue." Routine service can be performed by a smart center, any good auto shop or by the owner as a DIY project. The smart USA site also includes some DIY guidance: Do-it-Yourself Vehicle Servicing. smart Owners :)

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
The main service MB will preform on you and your older smart is a wallet cleaning procedure.

Mb's sky high shop rates and propensity to throw new $$$ parts at every fix will soon sour your fun with this great little car.

Take your Smart to an independent shop near your home. Start with an oil change. Good Luck. A2Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts