Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock 17s in the rear and the 15s in the front. Looking to get 17s up front.

Does anyone have (2) 17inch Brabus wheels for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,577 Posts
I did that mod to my car about seven years ago. I could not find any good take-off wheels at that time, so I bought two new ones at the local dealer. They were $630.00 each, but well worth it in my opinion.

I have seen some refurbished 17" Brabus wheels on line from time to time for about half the price of new. Good luck with your wheel mod.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I’d like to avoid paying that much! What size tires are on your 17s? How wide?

Nevermind. I just looked at your profile. I’d like to do 225-40-17 if I ever find some 17s for the front. Do you know if those tires will fit upfront?

·
3,577 Posts
I think the 225/40-17 will be a little too wide and maybe a little too tall to fit on the front. No problem on the rear. In fact, the Euro spec Brabus comes standard with 225/35-17 on the rear. The fronts are 195/40/-16.

With my 215/35-17's on the front, I have no rubbing at all without wheel spacers. With the Eibach 20mm spacers, I get a slight rub on the inner fender liner at full lock in either direction. I am waiting on Eibach to offer 10mm and 15mm spacers in the near future. I should get the look I want and no rubbing at all with 15mm on the front.

I will still keep the 30mm on the rear as they help bring the tire sidewall just to the fender lip edge. You can see some different pics of my car with different size spacers and no spacers in my gallery.

I am anxious to see pics of your car when it is finished.

I just thought of something. PM ATL Smart alec. On his old '09 Brabus Cab, I think he had 215/40-17's on the front. I don't think he had any fitment issues. He was just on line for the first time in several months and is looking for a 453 Brabus Cab. You can tell Curtis I sent you. We used to talk wheel and tire size a lot a few years ago.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the 225/40-17 will be a little too wide and maybe a little too tall to fit on the front. No problem on the rear. In fact, the Euro spec Brabus comes standard with 225/35-17 on the rear. The fronts are 195/40/-16.

With my 215/35-17's on the front, I have no rubbing at all without wheel spacers. With the Eibach 20mm spacers, I get a slight rub on the inner fender liner at full lock in either direction. I am waiting on Eibach to offer 10mm and 15mm spacers in the near future. I should get the look I want and no rubbing at all with 15mm on the front.

I will still keep the 30mm on the rear as they help bring the tire sidewall just to the fender lip edge. You can see some different pics of my car with different size spacers and no spacers in my gallery.

I am anxious to see pics of your car when it is finished.

I just thought of something. PM ATL Smart alec. On his old '09 Brabus Cab, I think he had 215/40-17's on the front. I don't think he had any fitment issues. He was just on line for the first time in several months and is looking for a 453 Brabus Cab. You can tell Curtis I sent you. We used to talk wheel and tire size a lot a few years ago.

Thanks for the info guys! How do I look at your gallery? I’m definitely going to do some spacers soon. They aren’t cheap though. Is there anywhere else to get them besides SmartMadness?

·
3,577 Posts
Just go to my screen name, when you see "My SCoA Gallery" in red click on that. My gallery will open and you can see the pics I have posted. It is only about three pages now as I have deleted a lot of older ones.

I did not get wheel spacers from Smart Madness. I like the Eibach brand from Germany. They are TUV approved which means they meet rigid certification standards from Europe. I have bought them from AutoAnything.com. They have the best prices on Eibach suspension parts that I have found so far. They also carry other brands of wheel spacers they are a little cheaper, but I am reluctant to cut corners when it comes suspension bits. Good luck on your mods.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just go to my screen name, when you see "My SCoA Gallery" in red click on that. My gallery will open and you can see the pics I have posted. It is only about three pages now as I have deleted a lot of older ones.

I did not get wheel spacers from Smart Madness. I like the Eibach brand from Germany. They are TUV approved which means they meet rigid certification standards from Europe. I have bought them from AutoAnything.com. They have the best prices on Eibach suspension parts that I have found so far. They also carry other brands of wheel spacers they are a little cheaper, but I am reluctant to cut corners when it comes suspension bits. Good luck on your mods.

Hmm. I can’t see that link on your profile. Must be because I’m on my phone.

·
3,577 Posts
Must be your phone. I am on my pc and posted just above your post and my gallery shows up fine for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts