Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some people run xentry and a tactrix openport clones to do all kinds of diagnostics on mercedes. Had anyone tried on the smart?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
If it works on Mercedes, it should absolutely work on smart. The caveat being the same model year. For example if the one you saw is being used on a 2013 Mercedes vehicle, it should work with smarts up to and including 2013. It might not work on 2014 still a 451, and unlikely on the 453 which I believe started in 2016.

EDIT-. Verify with the vendor they include the software for your specific smart in question...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it works on Mercedes, it should absolutely work on smart. The caveat being the same model year. For example if the one you saw is being used on a 2013 Mercedes vehicle, it should work with smarts up to and including 2013. It might not work on 2014 still a 451, and unlikely on the 453 which I believe started in 2016.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I saw multiple posts for different model years. I just ordered a tactrix clone from china, when it arrives in a few months I'll give it a try

·
Registered
2018 Forttwo EQ Passion
1 Posts
I saw multiple posts for different model years. I just ordered a tactrix clone from china, when it arrives in a few months I'll give it a try
Any progress on this? I recently bought an '18 EQ and am already needing to piece together a diagnostic system.

Any insight is much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts