Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... after being back in a smart for 1 month, I am reminded that the stock speakers suck big time. I knew this already from driving my 2013 Pure (which got totaled by an SUV) but back then, my son was driving it most of the time and he really didn't care. Now, my commuter is a fully stock 2015 Pure with the base radio and I HAVE to change the speakers. I don't want to do the full radio upgrade, not worth it since my MP3 player is perma-plugged in the USB port (unless I'm updating the content) so source quality is fine.
So the question is this: With a stock radio, what speakers are you using or do you recommend? :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I went a little overboard. I did the stereo upgrade but also added a 4-channel amp to power the 2 door speakers and an 8” sub under the dash.

Pretty much any aftermarket speaker will sound better than stock.

For our Jeep I just spent $97 for 4 speakers and a Bluetooth/hands free single din radio at crutchfield, which came with all the wiring and dash kit. For that radio and 2 speakers it would’ve been $75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I remember when looking at Smarts initially with the stock radio and speakers I figured I'd have to replace the whole system. When I ended up buying mine, being it was a former Car2Go car , it had an upgraded JVC radio installed. After adjusting the EQ and loudness settings I'm happy with the stock speakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts