Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to do this, bought two sheets of yellow tinted lamin-x and am going to wrap it around the bulbs and boxcutter the crimps off for a clean finish. But...can anyone please tell me how to remove the black panel in front of the fog lamps to access the bulbs themselves?

>2010 ForTwo in America btw

TLDR: How do you remove the fog light panels on Smart ForTwo?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Do not apply the Lamin-x (or anything else, for that matter) to the bulbs. It is only designed as a covering for the lenses and cannot withstand anywhere near the temperature of a halogen bulb.

If you want yellow bulbs, you're going to have to buy yellow bulbs. Anything applied to the bulbs will end up melting, burning, or causing the bulb to shatter.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol I should have said that I was applying it to the lenses, cause that's my plan, just worded that the wrong way. But thanks for the warning. Anyway do you know how to remove the black panel around the lenses?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used yellow Nokya bulbs from eBay it's alot cleaner looking.
I'd soo like to get a pair on top of having my tints, gotta be JDM tyte yo, but on the real I just prefer yellow fogs for that LMS look as well as genuinely working well in fog or the snow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeps, it was one of they're smaller squares that I had to cut myself. Still on there good and I keep my car parked outside year round.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts