Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2008 451
64 Posts
I did that once, coming back from Coloradio camping. Airing out the tent, on the driveway. Drove the smart car right into the Coleman tent. My neighbors got a kick out that.
I have seriously considered buying something like this because I have no garage, but I think a car cover will be better.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have seriously considered buying something like this because I have no garage, but I think a car cover will be better.
This is what you want (if you want something between a garage and a cover), I did not give you a link, but there should be manufacturers in the USA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Because of the Smart's tiny size, we currently fit three cars in our two-car garage. I have checked, and we could also get the Smart into a shed from Lowe's... but we have not had to do that, yet.

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
167 Posts
That is something based on a Lotus 7 design. Based on the semi-modern tail light, I'm guessing a Caterham. That is a kit that I would love to put an electric drivetrain in.

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
That looks like a really fun car, to tool around in. Does it have a wooden sub frame, and body supports?

·
Registered
13 Posts
That looks like a really fun car, to tool around in. Does it have a wooden sub frame, and body supports?
No, Morgans have the ash frame. Caterham uses steel & aluminium. There is an all-aluminium-framed model, called the Superlight. Mine is an 'S3 standard', with a mostly steel frame. With a full fuel tank, it's 1320 lbs. I have the engine from the Ford Focus SVT, and is rated at 185hp. It's pretty quick, though no race car. Great for good-weather touring!

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
167 Posts
Thanks! It's a Caterham 7 - a British kitcar, originally built by Lotus. Caterham bought the rights to the Seven back in the 1970's. It's very light and fun... All 3 cars in our garage weigh less than 2000lbs each!
View attachment 67418
Super nice in stainless and BRG. Looks like an Elise in there too, the "kit version" of that was available with an electric drivetrain already installed by Tesla. So far, the only Tesla I would be interested in having.

I do like your style, only cars that come in at or below 1 ton.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts