Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
That looks like a really fun car, to tool around in. Does it have a wooden sub frame, and body supports?
No, Morgans have the ash frame. Caterham uses steel & aluminium. There is an all-aluminium-framed model, called the Superlight. Mine is an 'S3 standard', with a mostly steel frame. With a full fuel tank, it's 1320 lbs. I have the engine from the Ford Focus SVT, and is rated at 185hp. It's pretty quick, though no race car. Great for good-weather touring!

· Super Moderator
18,080 Posts
I have to shove all of my crap into a tiny warehouse. lol VW Touareg V10 TDI, Audi TT, Honda Beat, Suzuki Every, and three Smarts. Have just enough space to squeeze in a motorcycle.

· Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
646 Posts
Thanks! It's a Caterham 7 - a British kitcar, originally built by Lotus. Caterham bought the rights to the Seven back in the 1970's. It's very light and fun... All 3 cars in our garage weigh less than 2000lbs each!
View attachment 67418
Super nice in stainless and BRG. Looks like an Elise in there too, the "kit version" of that was available with an electric drivetrain already installed by Tesla. So far, the only Tesla I would be interested in having.

I do like your style, only cars that come in at or below 1 ton.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.