Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am (hopefully) picking up my car on Tuesday, so I was wondering what official smart dealer accessories people bought or wished they did? For example, do people like the smart floormats, and which ones? (I'm thinking the velour ones.) Also, I'll probably get the CD case. I was wondering if the ash tray would work as a change holder and might be worth it? Any other accessories?

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
since i don't have my smart yet and can't think that far ahead (Sept-Nov 2009), i'm thinking the free bottle of water when i walked into the showroom.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Got the cloth floor mats and the cargo divider. Didn't know there was an ashtray available - been complaining about nowhere to put the coins!

·
Registered
18 Posts
rubber mats

I have the all-weather rubber floor mats. They keep your car looking new. Can easily clean them and they just make it easy to keep the interior clean.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I didn't get any of the dealer access. I chose to go aftermarket for my mats and picked up the Lloyds rubber mats for about $45, They Rock! and a stubby antenna to replace the long bouncy stock one. I also added a polished billet aluminum grill set from SmartBillet and just installed my Bully Bar stainless bumper guard set from SmartCarParts. I donno why you'd buy the ashtray to store stuff when to the left of the steering wheel is a great spot for storage and my iPhone with silicone case sits nicely on the ledge of the dash. If you want storage i'd think about adding the arm rest, a couple times now I've went to put my arm down and wished I had one.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Favorite OEM accessories: Windscreen, rubber & velor mats, net and retractible luggage cover, boot tray, driver side mirror.

Favorite Aftermarket accessories: Armrest, iginition glow ring and rear boot organizer

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
whenever i DO get my smart, i'm thinking Floor Mats (carpet and rubber), cargo mat (boot pan?:D ), tinting the windows and adding a stubby antenna also. that's about it for me. :cool:

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
whenever i DO get my smart, i'm thinking Floor Mats (carpet and rubber), cargo mat (boot pan?:D ), tinting the windows and adding a stubby antenna also. that's about it for me. :cool:

I too am thinking about both sets of mats, the cargo mat, stubby antenna, NO TINT, and the "plus" cargo area net/cover:D! :smartje:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't think there was an official stubby antenna. I do plan on going aftermarket on that and the armrest (I'll wait until I get the car to order). Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll have to look at the cargo divider and cargo mat! I figure, I might as well get the accessories when I get the car and am already plopping down the money. :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I`m still waiting for my cargo cover(it`s on back order)but I love my mats(both sets) and my cargo net really has been handy. The cd case is ok but I have the cd changer stereo, so no need for it really. I did get myh window tinted and am waiting for someone to come up with a black plastic hatch handle.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Favorite OEM accessories: Windscreen, rubber & velor mats, net and retractible luggage cover, boot tray, driver side mirror.

Favorite Aftermarket accessories: Armrest, iginition glow ring and rear boot organizer
Ummmm, your car didn't come with mirrors?!?! WOW, most dealers include them with the car at no cost. :rolleyes:

So, if you are still talking to me after that, where did you find your ignition "glow ring"?

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Is the stubby antenna gonna reduce my reception at all?
no, it shouldn't but it WILL increase your MPG's to 60+!!! :D

What free bottle of water?:confused: I didn't get one :mad:!
ok, yes....it WAS 'technically' free but i had to ask for a 'drink of water'. ;)

I too am thinking about both sets of mats, the cargo mat, stubby antenna, NO TINT, and the "plus" cargo area net/cover:D! :smartje:
ha ha.....oh, so great minds DO think alike! i forgot about the cargo net/cover....gotta have THAT! :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts