Smart Car of America Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
So I've just got feedback. My contacts works for the European department of smart (smart Europa GmbH) and told me he can't speak for the American market. So I asked him if there even is a American smart company. Which he told me there it not... :(
I'm amused they've given you a similar non-answer. Some months back I did a story on the history of the formore project and my contact (one of the communication heads of MB) told me that the only information I can use are the press releases in the archives...and I have to get express permission to use anything I found in said press releases. o_O

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,097 Posts
…(one of the communication heads of MB) told me that the only information I can use are the press releases in the archives...and I have to get express permission to use anything I found in said press releases. o_O
Sad as back in the Roger Penske days folks like Dave Schembri, President smartUSA not only spoke with candor, they listened!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
why didn't they just do that with the forfour?
At least here in Europe they offered such a thing. More or less. It was called "Urban-Style-Packet"

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

smart ain't coming back to the US or Canada
I fear so as well, yes. Maybe when the upcoming models are very successful in Europa and Asia.

I'm amused they've given you a similar non-answer.
I would say that's a pretty straight forward answer. Simply meaning "We don't plan to right now, otherwise there would be a company for it in the USA.". At least for German terms that's rather clear :/

Sad as back in the Roger Penske days folks like Dave Schembri, President smartUSA not only spoke with candor, they listened!
Yea, it's a bit similar in Europe. Since Ms. Dr. Winkler is gone, there's a lack of such persons.

Reactions: jwight
21 - 23 of 23 Posts