Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Smart Fortwo Cabrio
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Who's out there making Smart car content on YouTube?

I myself make videos regularly. Be sure to post your videos in the comments and I'll check them out!

Here is my latest Smart car video of my Smarty traveling to Tail of the Dragon!

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Not my Video. It’s Captainlazyness, You Tube video. This is a really good one of the 2010 smart car National. Lining up for the Kansas City downtown parade. Over 230 smart cars.

·
Registered
2008 Smart Fortwo Cabrio
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not my Video. It’s Captainlazyness, You Tube video. This is a really good one of the 2010 smart car National. Lining up for the Kansas City downtown parade. Over 230 smart cars.

I wish I was around for the large Smart events! By the time I picked mine up in 2016 there were less and less events.

·
Registered
311 Posts
This one was a Ton Of Fun 😊
My wife and I attended both Jam on the Dams and the Bash on the Bridge in Lake Havasu. All three of these events were fantastic. Sadly, Jimmy announced his retirement from Sin City Smarts after the Lake Havasu event. He still has his smart car which now wears orange panels and has been customized by Smartmadness.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
This one was a Ton Of Fun 😊
I was there for jam on the dam ll in my first 08 yellow and black cabriolet.
I was also in the Caravan from Buffalo Bills into Las Vegas
I was at Havasu too. Sold my yellow smart by then but drove my Yaris down and had a good time at the lake.
Sadly unlike the miata clubs that are still going strong, smarts hay days are over for LARGE 40 or more get togethers.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,811 Posts
The smart club activity may not be totally dead yet. True, a lot of early adopters have moved on, but there is a whole new group of both new and younger buyers of used smarts. Just reading their posts on here and other forums, they are full of excitement and enthusiasm. Maybe they just need some help and guidance in starting some new smart clubs around the country. If any of you new members are interested, please tell us about it.

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
I don't make videos anymore (I hate hate hate editing) but I do make articles about smarts when I can!

Fun fact: Daimler is very selective about what information is allowed into the public eye. One of MB's latest supercars is advertised as having fewer than a certain number of units for production. How much? MB/Daimler won't tell anyone. Same goes for the formore. I got bounced around several people at Daimler until I got someone who even knew what I was talking about. But even then, no information than what press releases already have..

Reactions: Bob Ricewasser

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
What was the tally for this years "Tail of the Dragon? Mountain Madness 2.0 May 7th-9th!

" 7 "
I guess I'm just more of a realist than an optimist.
Wish I could have been there, problem...everything is so far away from me here in Ohio....would love to meet anyone with a smart car it would be fun.
Saw two more smart cars yesterday parked at stores,should have stopped but had places to be...but next time I will.

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
143 Posts
I don't make videos anymore (I hate hate hate editing) but I do make articles about smarts when I can!

Fun fact: Daimler is very selective about what information is allowed into the public eye. One of MB's latest supercars is advertised as having fewer than a certain number of units for production. How much? MB/Daimler won't tell anyone. Same goes for the formore. I got bounced around several people at Daimler until I got someone who even knew what I was talking about. But even then, no information than what press releases already have..

Ms. Streeter, I want to thank you for your writing on Jalopnik. It was one of your fun articles that got me thinking about buying a Smart again. I test drove a diesel in Portugal in 2002 and absolutely wanted one, but ended up buying a Mini in 04 because the Smart wasn't available. At some point last year I read one of your articles that got me thinking we could really use a runabout and my son is a year from driving and I would rather have him learn on something small without a clutch. Thank you, and keep up the fun articles.
Lawrence

1 - 14 of 14 Posts