Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got bored today and zainoed the hyundai. this car hasnt had wax on it since it was new and its an 03. i was pretty impressed with it.

and i did a mirror on the ram to see how it did on the green color

i cant wait to get my blue smart. zaino will really make that blue pop.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Looks really nice! What Zaino products did you use? I see they have several different products. Thanks. :smartje.wt.zw:

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Went through the Zaino phase on a Corvette forum; at one point if you said anything negative the natives were after you with torches and pitchforks. I've used it and it works well; however, there are newer "one step" products that are, IMHO, equally good and less trouble to apply. :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Zaino Z-2 + ZFX was my favorite, but also got excellent results from Ultima Paint Guard Plus and UPGP is an easy to use one-step product.

The UPGP looks great on the black smart, but I'm still experimenting. Tested the Zaino on a small section and it has a slight edge on depth with the black.

So the search continues for the perfect match.

BTW - The Hyundai looks like new!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i used the z-2 and then went over it with z-8 to finish it off.
yea the hyundai dont look bad for a 5 yr old car with 110,000 miles on her.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Went through the Zaino phase on a Corvette forum; at one point if you said anything negative the natives were after you with torches and pitchforks. I've used it and it works well; however, there are newer "one step" products that are, IMHO, equally good and less trouble to apply. :)
SO....

jwight, what is your weapon of choice in the war on exterior wear?

Thanks,
Timo

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
SO....

jwight, what is your weapon of choice in the war on exterior wear?

Thanks,
Timo
Posted this in one of the car wash threads:

Turtle Wax Ice; not saying it's any better or worse than Zaino, but for me the one step application is a big deal; wipe it on, wipe it off. The Honda spray polish and cleaner is excellent for getting bug splats off. Jury is still out on the Michelin brake dust repellent; first application so will have to see if it actually does anything. Thanks for asking. :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well, I used the Zaino products on my smart and I am VERY pleased with the results. I used ICE by Turtlewax before I found Zaino. While the ICE is easy to use and has a very similar effect, I think that the car looks even better with Zaino. My smart has a chameleon blue/green color that looks even deeper, even better, has even more sparkle with the Zaino. I'm going to try some SUPER close up photography to try to get a shot of what it looks like. Pictures just don't do it justice. Here's a products I used (before) shot and an after use shot but it doesn't show the sparkle of the paint as well as it could.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts