Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
This week, a man named Zane Horton passed away in a tragic accident in Phoenix while driving a smart fortwo that he was enjoying. He leaves behind a wife and a two-year-old daughter, and was without life insurance. Amy, Zane's big sister, has informed me that there is now a memorial fund, and I hope that SCOA members can put aside a small (or large) amount to help Zane's widow and daughter.

Details:
Donations may be made at any Wells Fargo branch to the "Zane Horton Memorial Fund". Donations will assist with caring for his widow and daughter.

Paypal is also accepted at [email protected]

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Fantastic Carl!! It's stuck!!

It speaks volumes about this community...not just a car forum, but a group of caring people who share the same passion for this car that Zane had.

I love this place!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Carl

Thanks for the info. Contribution sent. That Paypal email goes to someone named Jason New. I hope that is correct.

Randy

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
reminder: Wachovia = Wells Fargo... so you can go by your local Wachovia Branch also.

Heading to the bank tomorrow at lunch.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hi:

Just a quick FYI. For those who have a WFC account, I phoned the call center to find out if I could make a journal/transfer. The call center rep's are not able to pull up his memorial fund without an account #. The rep recommended to go to a Wells Fargo or Wachovia branch. The tellers are able to pull via his memorial name only.

Or anyone can go via the paypal route.

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
For those who haven't followed this in the Members Only section, the Memorial Fund was a member-generated idea. Nobody came asking for monies, only to acknowledge and provide thanks to those offering condolences.

Thanks, Carl, for helping to make this happen. My heart is heavy for the family he left behind.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,858 Posts
Carl,

Thanks for facilitating this link. The response both to the family and the Memorial Fund speaks to the heart and true character of the SCOA family.

Thanks to all!

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
I can't believe this isn't at the top every time I search "New Posts". This guy wasn't a member, but he was a smart enthusiast and leaves a family without insurance.

While we argue which Turbo to buy, the squeeky noise our car makes, changes in the 2011 smart, whether Jill Lajdziak knows which car company she works for, and the National meet; remember to find what ever you can afford, and help out this family.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[bump] Well said Dunerunner. It's hard to keep this up top b/c it is not really much of a discussion like other threads but rather a call to contribute to this family.

Here's an idea: if you do contribute, write a comment saying you did. You don't have to say how much or how little, but it'll give us an idea of how awesome our community is, and it'll also keep the thread active/on the "New Posts" page.

Thanks
Carl

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
Keeping this at the top....went by Wachovia after work today; they were not able to find the fund by name; they requested an acct #; they were actually awesome and patient and rather creative trying to find the fund account; yest, they were able to pull up Wells Fargo accounts; they tried for over 15 minutes while other customers waited as they looked though all the accounts. Even the manager came over to help. Decided I will need to transfer funds to paypal and will send that way; and yes, I will be contributing.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
AZ Republic - Obituary

Horton, Zane Joseph
32, of Glendale, AZ passed away on June 11, 2010. Zane was born August 26, 1977, in Greenfield, IN and was lost in a tragic accident near Wickenburg. He came to Arizona in 1983, attended Greenway H.S. and received a degree in Computer Information Systems from DeVry Institute of Technology. Zane was Senior Software Engineer for VirTra Systems in Tempe. He devoted his life to his wife, little girl and the rest of his family. Zane's keen intelligence and sense of humor will be dearly missed. Survived by wife Jacquelyn (Wheeler) Horton, daughter Ellah Christine, parents John E. & Beth (Schubert) Horton, brother Daniel E., and sisters Amy Hatcher & Valerie Moore. Funeral service will be held at 10am on 6/18 at Best Funeral 9380 W. Peoria Ave in Peoria, AZ. Wake will be held at the home of Jacky Horton. All of Zane's friends and loved ones are invited to attend the funeral and wake. Zane will be laid to rest at Resthaven Park Cemetery 6450 West Northern Ave in Glendale, AZ. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made at any Wells Fargo branch to the "Zane Horton Memorial Fund". Donations will assist with caring for his widow and daughter.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.