Smart Car of America Forum banner

441 - 449 of 449 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
not lithium
EMPM - "the Company has initial plans on developing an efficient and cost-effective program to retrofit existing gas-powered automobiles (e.g. internal combustion engine or “ICE”) to become a full “Electric Vehicle” (“EV”) using a DC brushless motor powered by lithium cobalt batteries and other required supporting parts.

The Company believes that there is a market for both retrofitted formally ICE vehicles and unused shell vehicles (Fully Electric) at a lower cost than traditional brands.

The Company’s mission is to remove one gas user at a time and in the process turn them green for life."

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/09/17/1916752/0/en/EMPIRE-POST-MEDIA-INC-Heading-in-a-New-Direction.html

Unsolicited opinion - don't invest more in this $0.15 Penny Stock (EMPM) than you are willing to lose.

May want to look @ Elio Motors . . .

·
Registered
68 Posts

EMPM - "the Company has initial plans on developing an efficient and cost-effective program to retrofit existing gas-powered automobiles (e.g. internal combustion engine or “ICE”) to become a full “Electric Vehicle” (“EV”) using a DC brushless motor powered by lithium cobalt batteries and other required supporting parts.

The Company believes that there is a market for both retrofitted formally ICE vehicles and unused shell vehicles (Fully Electric) at a lower cost than traditional brands.

The Company’s mission is to remove one gas user at a time and in the process turn them green for life."

Unsolicited opinion - don't invest more in this $0.15 Penny Stock (EMPM) than you are willing to lose.

May want to look @ Elio Motors . . .
im not pushing any stock. and i was most interested in elio for yrs now.
im talking ev, new tech. yes they have been making micro vehicles in asia with lithium and have developed another battery with sodium and other chemicals that take up much less space. that caught my attention and that of tesla. wonder why they moved hq to nevada? they are also making hydrogen much more practical. i bot into the empm for .02 ran it to .33 and now at .15 waiting for merger complete from saean ev motors , who basically bot the whole company, we as empm are 15% of them. due dilligence for anything, including a smart is required....exactly why i bot a smart but ev failed my dd. in a mo or two merger will be complete, rv, and korean shares will mix in and the price will be surprising if my dd is correct. still im intrested in the tech....aas this would seem to have solved what i complained about smart ev, range. they are going into bigger vehicles as pointed out above. caution is always a concern, but, nothing ventured nothing gained. i have a very good return on investment and am telling elio to look at it also. elio has a funding problem....seemingly forever. i did not buy an option on an elio. hurry up and wait

·
Super Moderator
1,255 Posts
Go to that Facebook page I mentioned above and today there is another post about a bricked HV battery, this one in San Diego.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 19,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 14,500 miles

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I assume that you have to join and be accepted by the admins. before you can see any posts? Maybe you copy the text of the posts over here?

·
Super Moderator
1,255 Posts
You shold be able to access via someone's Facebook account, but here are the posts.

Here you go:

1. Dead 2013 Smart ED here in San Diego. It's been sitting at the Mercedes dealer for two weeks. They say a PE module is in some kind of hibernation and that the battery is in a lock mode and won't talk to anything either. they said that they are contacting Smart for advice. My question is, does any one know of a good repair place that works on these things, prefer here in San Diego, but any one know of a place in Southern CA in general. Thank in advance

2. Big problem with my '15 ED. It just wouldn't start this morning. Any Idea? Could it only be the 12v in fault?

Peter Krämer Turn off and start again after 15 minutes. Has that gone?

Will Aultman It's hard to tell, but it looks like what mine did when the 12v battery went bad. Had to replace the little battery and then get the error cleared by a smart specific diagnostic tool.

Johannes Linder That’s what happened with my dead 12v as well. I jumped it and it started but I had a “Christmas tree” of error lights and warnings.
New battery under warranty and a reset by a MB star computer at dealership and all was well.

Fran Terry Perhaps, I'm not convinced that's the 12v battery as the battery light usually comes on

Bill Hayes Fran Terry my bat light didn't come on but it was not holding charge too well and after replacing it what's a difference it made.

Simon Larivière After sitting the driveway the whole day, the car worked but gave that. My 12v battery is giving me 12.8v so I suspect something else.

Will Aultman They can give inconsistent voltage. Take the battery out and have it load tested by a shop. This is about the time that the batteries are starting to get past their usable lives.

Johannes Linder Simon Larivière if I’m not mistaken, in smart should be close to 14v reading. Could be wrong though.

Wayne Mews The battery may not be 12v on load ... load test the 12v battery to determine if it is good.

Simon Larivière Finally it took a new battery. I had 32 codes stored in the computer. The garage cleared them all. Almost 500$ CAD gone 🙁 but at least it runs like a new now.

Will Aultman When the old battery voltage drops it freaks out the computer and it sees all kinds of problems. Most of them a false errors.

Simon Larivière No doubts. I wouldn't believe that so many "errors" could have happened in a short time.

Bill Hayes Try changing the 12 volt battery under the pax floor. It made a huge difference in how mine reacted.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 19,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 14,500 miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi There. Thanks for the Link.

In Spain we have repaired many Smart Electric 451. Currently we have 6 units with the P18051C problem. We have tried factory resets but it has not worked.

When we have time we are going to try to clone a working BMS unit without the error with a Katag Master machine.

We have had cars with the BMS unit with the p18051C error, and we have recharged the battery and replaced error coded BMS with a working BMS unit. The car worked perfectly.

It is possible to interchange BMS units from other cars.

There are two companies that fix this error. one in Russia https://www.facebook.com/gosmartservice/

And a larger company in Bulgaria which we suspect has probably done some development on these cars and has the software key. https://www.softelectronic.com/

They fix the problem if you send your BMS unit and later they will return them fixed. They also offered to send a hardware connexion to repair multiple units online. That's when we figured its more of a software issue that a hardware issue.

I have no reports on owners using this service. So I cannot recommend. I only know that they provide this service. Prices range from 1400$ to 300$.

If we progress we will share the results in this forum.
Thank you for the info. I posted earlier asking for a link to the Russian company. Now I have it. Thanks again!

441 - 449 of 449 Posts