Smart Car of America Forum banner

461 - 468 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Alright let's get down to the nitty-gritty of this, I'd rather first give it a solid attempt to figure this out myself than send my bms overseas for a fix.....what "tool" to copy firmware from a good, non bricked bms?
(BOSCH 0 442 001 001 , 0442001001)
I am a little familiar with K-TAG or similar tuning and have a possible lead on a good bms. ANY thoughts along these lines VERY greatly appreciated. There are at least 20+ reports online of people getting started digging into these packs, but no resolution out there...

I have a plan for charging- lab power supplies are expensive & I only mentioned those because I had them already. for ~110-120v module-level charging I'll be using (adjustable) boost "step-up" dc-dc converters powered by 12v DC which will be a very slow trickle charge.. I'll also be using adjustable step-down "buck" dc-dc converters or lab power supplies for individual cell charging if desired. and at this point 6s hobby charger/s for possible cell balancing, or perhaps bluetooth enabled BMS around 14s/17s from aliexpress (again for cell balancing)..currently in my shopping cart but not yet ordered. Of course all safety precautions will be foremost including: very, very low amperage to start out, monitoring individual cell voltages, and awareness of risk of fire.

You can check the voltage by using this little tool. It's a DIY tool.
THANK YOU, can you confirm if plugged in to a vehicle with a dead HV battery, open contactors, it will read individual cell voltages/etc?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi friends
Problem with error

P18051C
P0AA100
P0AA400
P1D799A
U01A200
U01A100
U01A000
P1614FA
P0DE6FB
P14F300
P0DE6FA

SOLVED.
If you need help, feel free to contact me

Viber or Whatsapp +380931130000

I cannot tell you all the details, the problem is inside TC1797
For people trying to do it with clone other bms, it’s a bad idea because you’re gonna kill the current sensor!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: current sensor yes anyone digging this deep should have probably come across this info already.. It's located on a main power bus bar, near/behind the bms, with a small wiring harness plugged into it. Essential to unplug/remove before attempting anything (charging cells/modules, etc especially) on the internal pack (safety precautions foremost). I've seen comments on youtube etc indicating this part may be difficult or impossible to track down if yours is damaged...as with this entire process...proceed at your own risk!

As I suggested previously - the plan would be acquire good bms module, (remove bms completely) and interface (via connector pins or circuit board) with k-tag (or other ecu/module programing 'tool'). Therefore no danger to the current sensor. Maybe someone can sell/share the file (and pin out of the connectors, bdm - bms circuit board if needed) so international shipping and hassles can be avoided?

I have not pulled my BMS yet & haven't found a visual of the BMS circuit board, but gosmartservice provides a clue, we know it is a BOSCH module, assuming now TC1797 "chip" , (many brands programmer tool potentially compatible, I will stick with K-Suite & K-tag for my initial experiments unless anyone suggests a different direction)... next step is to find any info on the circuit board/ pin out. IF the board has a common BDM interface (as opposed to having to solder to random points on the circuit board to interface), using ("bdm BOSCH adapter" or similar "bdm pin adapter", bdm frame clamp, k-tag multiplexer)...could be straightforward.. If so I will attempt the project myself. If no BDM interface on the board I think that might be where the experimenting ends for me...at that point..sending to gosmartservice becomes the obvious solution!

34673615_10216191577603602_6599295083701338112_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Re: current sensor yes anyone digging this deep should have probably come across this info already.. It's located on a main power bus bar, near/behind the bms, with a small wiring harness plugged into it. Essential to unplug/remove before attempting anything (charging cells/modules, etc especially) on the internal pack (safety precautions foremost).
Unfortunately, the main posters on this long thread had no idea about the need to remove this sensor before charging the cells. This information a not anywhere that I could find save for a detached context-less discussion on needing to find a replacement sensor here:

They have since junked their ED's and left this forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
+Current sensor
Essential to unplug/remove before attempting anything (charging cells/modules, etc especially) on the internal pack (safety precautions foremost).

If need current sensor, we have a handmaid done
Error of current sensor dead is Р0АС029

Re: current sensor yes anyone digging this deep should have probably come across this info already.. It's located on a main power bus bar, near/behind the bms, with a small wiring harness plugged into it. Essential to unplug/remove before attempting anything (charging cells/modules, etc especially) on the internal pack (safety precautions foremost). I've seen comments on youtube etc indicating this part may be difficult or impossible to track down if yours is damaged...as with this entire process...proceed at your own risk!

As I suggested previously - the plan would be acquire good bms module, (remove bms completely) and interface (via connector pins or circuit board) with k-tag (or other ecu/module programing 'tool'). Therefore no danger to the current sensor. Maybe someone can sell/share the file (and pin out of the connectors, bdm - bms circuit board if needed) so international shipping and hassles can be avoided?

I have not pulled my BMS yet & haven't found a visual of the BMS circuit board, but gosmartservice provides a clue, we know it is a BOSCH module, assuming now TC1797 "chip" , (many brands programmer tool potentially compatible, I will stick with K-Suite & K-tag for my initial experiments unless anyone suggests a different direction)... next step is to find any info on the circuit board/ pin out. IF the board has a common BDM interface (as opposed to having to solder to random points on the circuit board to interface), using ("bdm BOSCH adapter" or similar "bdm pin adapter", bdm frame clamp, k-tag multiplexer)...could be straightforward.. If so I will attempt the project myself. If no BDM interface on the board I think that might be where the experimenting ends for me...at that point..sending to gosmartservice becomes the obvious solution!

View attachment 62410

461 - 468 of 468 Posts